testtest

Hellcat Pro

My question was thumb safety on the Hellcat Pro my Hellcat OSP micro has it either way.
Now everyone calm down... 😂
It was a joke! That's why there was a LOL behind my question of asking why you need one. You can have a thumb safety on every gun you own. Or minion stickers on it @Annihilator 😂
I was just giving a light hearted jab at why a striker fired pistol would need a manual safety. 😉

Last edited:
It was a joke! That's why there was a LOL behind my question of asking why you need one. You can have a thumb safety on every gun you own. Or minion stickers on it @Annihilator 😂
I was just giving a light hearted jab at why a striker fired pistol would need a manual safety. 😉
BDFE0C0F-A1C6-424A-A498-7BD81B41F320.gif

But it has the grip safety ( 1911 )
1911 isn't drop safe. It also doesn't have a trigger safety and most 1911s have a much lighter trigger weight than striker fired pistols do. And the safest way to carry a 1911 is cocked and locked. You wouldn't want to carry it cocked without the thumb safety.

Personally I don't like thumb safeties on strikers, but I understand that many do. As long as you train for it I see no harm in it.

You have a safety on every gun you own.......its called your finger......keep your finger off the trigger, it's safe !!

You have a safety on every gun you own.......its called your finger......keep your finger off the trigger, it's safe !!
Exactly, that's why I was taking a jab at the fact that some like a manual safety on a striker fired pistol. The 1911 I get as it does not have the same internals and is often carried locked and cocked. But to each his own I could care less what other people choose to carry. You could carry a pink polkadot Hi-Point, a tiger striped golden Desert Eagle, or a standard black or stainless pistol. And all with a manual safety, a back strap safety, no round in the chamber, and a gun lock installed in your holster attached to your gun. 😂😂 😂
Makes no matter to me personally. I just don't have a single striker fired pistol with a manual safety. That's just my preference. And I encourage others to have there own preference as well. As long as they are law abiding and practice the fundamentals of firearm safety. I believe the more that carry the safer our communities are. An armed society is a polite society.

The way I see it is that thumb safeties just add one extra layer of safety. One extra thing that Murphy must bypass before he rears his ugly head. As long as you train and have muscle memory to swip it off, there are more pros than they're are cons. We all are fallible, imperfect, human, and sometimes crap can inadvertently happen that doesn't necessarily involve accidentally pulling the trigger with a finger. Nothing wrong with someone wanting to be even more safe.

I understand that everyone has their personal preference, but I don't get why some people are almost grossly appalled and against thumb safeties. :)

Last edited:
The way I see it is that thumb safeties just add one extra layer of safety. One extra thing that Murphy must bypass before he rears his ugly head. As long as you train and have muscle memory to swip it off, there are more pros than they're are cons. We all are fallible, imperfect, human, and sometimes crap can inadvertently happen that doesn't necessarily involve accidentally pulling the trigger with a finger. Nothing wrong with someone wanting to be even more safe.

I understand that everyone has their personal preference, but I don't get why some people are almost grossly appalled and against thumb safeties. :)
I am not appalled by it. As long as the safety is well placed and relentlessly trained around it's mostly a moot point.
Now carrying a weapon with an empty chamber is offensive. :)

Back