testtest

Hellcat Trigger

This is what I would recommend for the Hellcat. It has a precision CNC Machined Premium 17-4 Stainless Steel Heat Treated Heavy Duty Hellcat striker, 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum flat trigger, and 300 Series stainless steel striker sleeve. It is definitely an upgrade. And well worth every penny.

Since the Hellcat has withstood torture testing of as many as 20,000 rounds without failure I replaced just the trigger and spring with the Apex kit for less than $100. Shoots great, the trigger is a bit lighter, has a slightly shorter reset and breaks cleanly.

Replaced the factory trigger due to heavy pull and what I perceived as "jerkiness," especially in the reset.

I chose:
  • Hyve Monarch trigger, because the craftsmanship is great, and the trigger has adjustments for both pre-travel and reset.
  • Combined that with a PRP base trigger kit, which replaces Sear and spring, disconnect and spring, and striker safety and spring...upgrading the parts to better material/heat treating.
  • Upgraded to M-Carbo's titanium striker, which includes the lighter striker spring and the stainless steel striker guide.
  • Replaced my recoil spring assembly with Hyve's heat treated stainless assembly.
Ended up with an average pull of about 4.4 lbs, smooth as silk, stronger and lighter...and quite a bit poorer.

Thanks for all the help. My biggest issue with the trigger is if I put any lateral pressure on the trigger it locks up and will not function. Also the angle of the trigger is awkward. Do these replacement triggers have a more vertical angle?
No problem with my XDm Elite and the Meta trigger .
I had the same lock-up problem with my stock trigger. I replaced it with the Apex trigger and that solved the problem.
Hmmm, this lockup the 2 of you talk about might be what I am feeling as an occasional jerky trigger with my new Hellcat Pro. Since this gun is for CCW I will not be changing any internal parts. I'll see how the trigger feels after another 500-1000 rounds. If the trigger is still occasionally jerky I might have SA look at it.

Thanks for the feedback!
I looked at MCarbo, Apex and PRP but haven't made up my mind partly because of the 20,000 round test
making me wonder about a need to replace more than the trigger and spring(s).
and because I thought I'd like some feedback from forum users.
Thanks again!
I replaced my Hellcat Pro trigger with the PRP trigger kit, but as of now have only installed the trigger. I have been very pleased with it.

Does anybody know if replacing the trigger will void the warranty? I just purchased a Hellcat and don't like the initial "mushiness" of the trigger pull and was looking to replace it with either the Apex or Hyve Monarch.

Does anybody know if replacing the trigger will void the warranty? I just purchased a Hellcat and don't like the initial "mushiness" of the trigger pull and was looking to replace it with either the Apex or Hyve Monarch.
I believe if you ever need to return it for repair, they most likely would remove it and reinstall a factory trigger. Different manufacturers handle aftermarket installs differently.

Back