testtest

Henry Side Gate Lever Action .410 Shotgun Test Drive.....

I only own one gun that's Chambered in .410 it's a Rossi matched pair youth combo. The matched pair is a single shot break barrel that has a .410 bore & .22lr interchangeable barrels. I bought this to help train my kids and get them used to shooting a shotgun.

The down side to .410 bore is that the shells cost more then 12 gauge and are harder to find especially if you are looking for slugs.

I wanted one of the Winchester 9410’s when the came out about 20 years ago...and the older Marlins are hard to find, and pricy if you do.

This could be fun, though.

I’ve got a .410 Shockwave; got it as a toy, but...it’s a bit more serious than I thought. The Federal OOO load performs incredibly well out of it to 50 yards, and the plated shot doesn’t deform like straight lead, giving it solid penetration. For someone recoil-impaired...it’s a serious consideration.

I also love using my buddy's .410 Beretta O/U for pheasant hunting...light as a feather, can carry it all day...and, within 20 yards, it’s got plenty of knockdown with #4’s. Fun gun.

I wanted one of the Winchester 9410’s when the came out about 20 years ago...and the older Marlins are hard to find, and pricy if you do.

This could be fun, though.

I’ve got a .410 Shockwave; got it as a toy, but...it’s a bit more serious than I thought. The Federal OOO load performs incredibly well out of it to 50 yards, and the plated shot doesn’t deform like straight lead, giving it solid penetration. For someone recoil-impaired...it’s a serious consideration.

I also love using my buddy's .410 Beretta O/U for pheasant hunting...light as a feather, can carry it all day...and, within 20 yards, it’s got plenty of knockdown with #4’s. Fun gun.
I didn't realize Mossberg made the 410 Shockwave until I saw one at my LGS about a month or so ago. I'm thinking of adding it to my collection (along with the 12 gauge Shockwave I already have), as a "toy" like you Hans. Thanks for the added input as well.

Back