testtest

Henry's New 9mm Carbine

wmg1299

Professional
I almost made it through all of this year's SHOT Show articles without seeing anything that I absolutely had to put on my wishlist. I've been busy at work, so I haven't been able to read too many articles over the past few weeks. I just saw this one about the new Henry 9mm Homesteader Carbine. This may be one of the few guns that I buy in its first year of production at anything close to msrp.

I didn't start collecting guns until after the old Marlin carbines were out of production. I've wanted something like the Homesteader for years, and I've always been a fan of Henry's high production quality. I apologize if someone else has already posted news about the Homesteader, but I just saw it. I hope to be posting about adding one to my gun safe shortly after they become available.

Better looking than the POF version! I wish these companies would quit with 9's and start with something bigger!
This is a 10mm Banshee by CMMG. I kind of like it, but not that much. I've often thought, why not build something like this in a 45-70.

Attachments

• DSC_0758.JPGa.JPG
    DSC_0758.JPGa.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
9mm carbines are a blast to shoot. But the Henry is too late for me. I'm fine with my Ruger PC Carbine takedown and StrikeFire II. Actually just received my new Magpul takedown stock in FDE last Saturday and had it at the range yesterday. I really don't "need" any more carbines.

Better looking than the POF version! I wish these companies would quit with 9's and start with something bigger!
The whole concept is to have a carbine in the same caliber as the pistol. 9mm is perhaps the most popular caliber extant. They won't be stopping making them in 9mm but I agree there is a huge market they are still missing.

I might look into this in 9mm if I keep the 9mm in stock. Am a big fan of carbines in handgun calibers. Love my. 44 and 357 Marlins.

This is a 10mm Banshee by CMMG. I kind of like it, but not that much. I've often thought, why not build something like this in a 45-70.
I have 2 10mm carbines. 1 is a Moriarti Arms and the other is a Mech-Tech carbine upper for Glock's. The best 1 is MT version as it will handle high pressure rounds unlike the MA will. I stayed away from KV as I don't like the 2 I have all that much (9mm & 45acp). What I really want is a 357sig carbine!

Buddy of mine has two Nemo's

OMEN WATCHMAN​

.300 WIN MAG​

The OMEN Watchman is the world’s first viable, reliable, and accurate 300 WM semi-auto platform. Built for ultra long-range applications, the Watchman makes precision shooting at extended ranges a breeze. At the Watchman’s core is a 24” Proof Research carbon fiber barrel, which is chambered in NEMO’s facility to ensure optimal accuracy performance. Extremely low recoil comes thanks to our own patented recoil reduction system which you won’t find anywhere else. This, combined with comfortable ergonomics gives the shooter confidence to shoot better than ever before. You must shoot it to believe it. The Watchman provides and exceptional shooting experience, allowing the shooter to perform at levels never before imagined.

Nemo did make a BN36 that was a 30-06 also. I don't see it anymore on their site.

1676431155560.gif

This thread made me ponder and do an online search for a Ruger PC Carbine 40 to pair with my SR40. After a few different sites I gave up. Everyone that was available for sale could only be paid for with crypto, zelle, bitcoin, etc ... any non credit card means. If I've learned anything from this site it's what a scam looks like. Ugh!

This thread made me ponder and do an online search for a Ruger PC Carbine 40 to pair with my SR40. After a few different sites I gave up. Everyone that was available for sale could only be paid for with crypto, zelle, bitcoin, etc ... any non credit card means. If I've learned anything from this site it's what a scam looks like. Ugh!

Perhaps the. 40 was not economically viable to keep in production. A cursory look at Rugers website did not show me any .40 SW models on thier current website. I did find several reviews for them so it seems they were previously sold.

Back