testtest

Here's a weird one

Old_Me

Ronin
minutes ago, i got an email from Dillon that my order has shipped...

ok, as i say to myself, scratching my bald head....

"what order"...???

after looking up that credit card, it has been shut down for a couple of weeks now, due to fraud

then, as i looked at the order number..??

IT WAS an order i placed AND received back in November..????

so i sent 2 emails to DIllon, (i tried calling, the phones are not working), and i told them the credit card is no good....the second email, i told them i had already gotten that order, and are they having computer issues..???

they must be......cuz i ain't paying for another

i should have re-looked at the order number, but i was (and still am) in a state of panic, and then only send them 1 email...

it was for the powder measure/hopper, tool stand and "spare parts".......

anyway, what a way to scare the bejesus outta me....

i had to quickly check things, so i can try and stop this shipment, which i hope they never really shipped out anything

funny, after sending the emails out? they responded by saying someone will get back to you in about 3 business days..

however, i just got this now..

"Apologies! It is an error on our end to where our system is resending past order shipment notifications. There is no new or resent order coming. We are working to resolve this."

whew...now i can have my cup of tea, and devil dog........

My brother ordered from a popular respected firearms website an Aimpoint PRO optic.
Got it and was all excited.
Next week he got another.
Called company and checked Credit card. No payment deducted for #2 and no response from firearms company.
Next week he got another. Another call. Another email. No charge.
Repeat for week 3

One charge for the original

I am now the proud owner of 2 more Aimpoints for a family deal.. cost me a home cooked meal for my brothers familys favorite dish 🕺😆

Sometimes corp America cannot get out od their own way

One time I sent my 1st wife to the bank to make a deposit. She deposited $1000 into a business account I had recently closed. A couple weeks later I went up there and tried to get some of the money and it wasn’t in my new business account. I produced the deposit slip and they gave me the $1000. A little while later I noticed an extra $1000 in my personal account. I never touched that grand because I figured they’d catch it sooner or later. A couple years later I went to close that account and that $1000 was there. I told the lady what happened and she went to talk to the manager. They couldn’t find any evidence that my story about the $1000 was true and insisted I take the money.

22 years after getting a ticket for speeding in OK and paying for it 2 weeks after first issuance, they sent me a letter informing me I didn't pay for it? Not keeping record of a 22 year old ticket I couldn't prove it. They said if I paid for it it wouldn't go on my record. I laughed at them for that statement! Went to the local JP (and ex THP) that has known me for decades and showed him the letter and asked what he thought of it? Seemed to be a scam he thought. The person working that department didn't work there anymore, so it made thing more difficult. It would cost more for a lawyer than just paying for it. This wasn't my 1st time dealing with such criminals. That same JP when he was still a THP said I had a warrant out for my arrest. After knowing where it was from I showed him where I paid it and the person who signed for the letter. Case solved on my end. I travel with this info just incase some jackass gets a hair brain idea to scam me again. All payments are certified with a return so as to know who signed for it along with a copy of the ticket and money order.

Dillon is really pi$$ing me off right now due to no contact of any way! I can't get into my account and the reset password link doesn't work. When I call 1 of 2 things happen. 1. busy signal. 2. rings once or twice, then disconnects. Dillon has gone to :poop: lately!
Maybe Dillon got hacked.
exactly my thoughts as well, since when i tried calling (well with-in office hours out their way), i got that "out of order" message as well.

but surprisingly, they responded with-in minutes of my emails....

i'll bet any day now, all of us customers will be getting snail mail saying that our credit card information may be at risk.

ust like many of us got (i did) from Wilson...

22 years after getting a ticket for speeding in OK and paying for it 2 weeks after first issuance, they sent me a letter informing me I didn't pay for it? Not keeping record of a 22 year old ticket I couldn't prove it. They said if I paid for it it wouldn't go on my record. I laughed at them for that statement! Went to the local JP (and ex THP) that has known me for decades and showed him the letter and asked what he thought of it? Seemed to be a scam he thought. The person working that department didn't work there anymore, so it made thing more difficult. It would cost more for a lawyer than just paying for it. This wasn't my 1st time dealing with such criminals. That same JP when he was still a THP said I had a warrant out for my arrest. After knowing where it was from I showed him where I paid it and the person who signed for the letter. Case solved on my end. I travel with this info just incase some jackass gets a hair brain idea to scam me again. All payments are certified with a return so as to know who signed for it along with a copy of the ticket and money order.
which is why on certain high(er) dollar rebates, like on my new S&W .45, i sent the form in via certified mail. cost me like $8.00 to send it to EL Paso, TX...from RI

i have had a time or 2, that rebates had "mysteriously disappeared", and i never got the rebates..

so i'll spend the $8.00 to get the $100......

even "online rebates", i print up everything as proof....

my personal opinion on "rebates", is that the retailer ought to give it to us up front, then let THEM deal with the companies for reimbursements.

much like when i have bought new vehicles.....i always use (any of) the rebates up front as a part of the down payments.....done deal....as too many people have complained that the vehicle manufacturer, doesn't always mail them out when promised.....screw that....gimme it now........

Mail in rebates are a joke! I will state that SA did a good job on their end when I purchased the 10mm xdm. Not to long of a wait for the range bag and extra mags, so kudos to them!
companies are "banking" that many will not pursue the rebates, saving them money to add to thier profit margins.

i always go for the rebates, even as little as $5.00, i just won't spend more than a postage stamp.

this is why i say it's better for the retailer to give us the rebates up front, and let them deal with the product company.

they can do it all electronically, where as we have to clip this label, copy that label, send in the sales receipt, fill out the form properly, miss 1 thing and.................

no-rebate-for.jpg

I got a reply from Dillon today and had to create a new account for their new site. Also they stated that previous account info/purchases and everything else would take up to 2 days for it to show up in the account. I guess time will tell?
we gotta go thru that BS....AGAIN...?????

sorry, i shoulda checked first..

i just logged into my account, no issues on my end....when was the last time you went to the website..????

I did just get my rebate check from beretta it took 5 weeks I guess that not that all that bad .
most rebates i have done, state they may take "up to" 8 weeks, as they explain on the rebate coupon/form......even though many times, i got mine in under 5 weeks as well.

i believe maybe 3 rebates over the years, took the full waiting period.

we gotta go thru that BS....AGAIN...?????

sorry, i shoulda checked first..

i just logged into my account, no issues on my end....when was the last time you went to the website..????
I've been off and on their site but haven't ordered anything in a couple of years. It wasn't until 3 or 4 weeks ago I couldn't log in, get reset links or them to answer the phone.

Back