testtest

Highlighting roll marks

dbarnes42

Operator
Weird question from a newbie. I was watching a video last night and the person had a compact 1911 with a parkerized finish. But, the markings on both sides of the slide were silver. My question is - can I do this myself by putting some paint on a rag, running it over the slide, and then wipe off the excess? Will doing this affect the parkerized finish on my 1911? Is there a certain type of paint to use?

You can highlight any type of groove by painting it, then wiping the excess. Paint won't "hurt" parkerized finishes, it simply sits on top of it.

I keep my compacts dull and boring. Folks aren't supposed to see my CCW, I don't want any flash or bling on them!

You can always try a crayon, if you don't like it you can easily remove it and if you like it you can easily touch it up if routine cleaning removes some of it.
No harm no foul...

You can highlight any type of groove by painting it, then wiping the excess. Paint won't "hurt" parkerized finishes, it simply sits on top of it.

I keep my compacts dull and boring. Folks aren't supposed to see my CCW, I don't want any flash or bling on them!
I hadn’t really thought about it in that way. Thank you!!

Back