testtest

Holosun 507K on a Hellcat Pro

I’ve seen this sight used with a spacer system or with the small posts being milled off of the slide. Just wonder if holes matching the ones on the slide could be milled into the sight base. I think I’d rather modify the sight rather than the gun. My only issue with using the spacer is the co-witness. I think the co-witness would be better without the spacer.

Never used or mounted a red dot so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I’ve seen this sight used with a spacer system or with the small posts being milled off of the slide. Just wonder if holes matching the ones on the slide could be milled into the sight base. I think I’d rather modify the sight rather than the gun. My only issue with using the spacer is the co-witness. I think the co-witness would be better without the spacer.

There is no dumb questions, honestly I wouldn’t modify either, I used the adapter plate to mount a Holosun 507C X2 on my compact Elite 10mm and it’s awesome. I have no issues not having it co-witness. That’s just me though.

The answer would be no. Saw a video with Holosun rep talking about it. Pretty sure you will hit electronics. There is a reason they did it that way, and it wasn't just to be different. I am on my second Wasp which has been working for a few months now. If it fails again I will mill the posts on my Hellcat and put a 507 on it.

I've heard a lot of negative feedback about the Hex Wasp and battery life and dependability. I've been trying to get SA to respond to emails about availability of the Wasp and am getting no response. I don't know if SA is taking all the Hex inventory to put on the OSP guns sold with the Wasp, or if they are addressing reliability issues, or they just don't care and don't plan on responding to my email. I saw the Hellcat Pro at the NRS show in Houston and bought one after the show with full intent on putting a Wasp on it. To no avail so far.

I am currently looking for a dot for my Hellcat Pro
Good to know the Holosun is not a direct fit.
Still can't decide on one.
I really want one that you can still use the full front and rear sight.

I was looking at that, too. I have seen some negative reviews. I will look into it more. I like the features, I like the price, and I trust Crimson Trace
I've had one on my Hellcat for a little over four months now and pretty pleased with it so far. Its not long term evaluation but so far so good.

I've been running the 507C X2 also.
But just recently upgraded to the Holosun 508T GR (Green dot, with a titanium housing) which I find is easier to see during daylight or at night.
I'm VERY interested in one of the 508T gr. If I get one do i call SA to get the right plate for my XD-m Elite 10mm compact or will they not fit because of the rmr trijicon footprint? Do I contact Holosun for correct plate?
I'm just ready to move away from the dragonfly.

I'm VERY interested in one of the 508T gr. If I get one do i call SA to get the right plate for my XD-m Elite 10mm compact or will they not fit because of the rmr trijicon footprint? Do I contact Holosun for correct plate?
I'm just ready to move away from the dragonfly.
Contact Springfield Armory and tell them what you want to install. They should have a plate that will work.

Call them.

I am currently looking for a dot for my Hellcat Pro
Good to know the Holosun is not a direct fit.
Still can't decide on one.
I really want one that you can still use the full front and rear sight.
I can't say anything bad about my Shield SMSc on my Hellcat and I'm assuming the mounting is the same on the Pro as on the original. No mods were required to mount it, it's performed flawlessly, been running now well over a year, almost two on the original battery, no loss of sighting in, and it 100% co-witnesses with the Hellcat sights.

Don't know the current price on it, but I'm guessing it has dropped some since I bought mine .... but that was not long after the Hellcat hit the market. Take a look, you might like it.

I ditched my Hex Wasp after it failed and had to send it in for warranty. I also have a Holosun 507k x2 on my Hellcat, but using the mounting plate. Didn't want to modify the gun or optic in anyway. I can still barely co-witness enough to where I'm happy with it in case the red dot fails. But I like to check my red dot is working everyday before I carry so the chances of failure are reduced.

Back