testtest

Holster Preference

Ok, what is your holster preference, I am meaning the material it’s made of. I am old school, leather is my first choice, nylon type my second option. My brother likes the polymer/ plastic type. I also use the OWB type, right side on my hip.
Defends on location and what tool best fits my needs. A woods handgun to handle possible bear or other large game I use galco otwb with thumb break for my Glock 20.
Conceal carry for edc I prefer Vedder Holster IWB light tuck for my Springfield Hellcat.

I have kydex from 3 different manufacturers and kydex/horsehide crossbreed.

I have a Mini Tuck with Leather and one with Horsehide. The Horsehide is real nice.

I also have hybrids from Muddy River Tactical and they are awesome. And I have a Clinger No Print Wonder which is I think just carbon plastic and it's great OWB. I can carry a 4" XD M2 .45 under a flannel with almost no printing.

For IWB carry, absolute trigger protection is my priority. I prefer kydex anytime I'm carrying a gun without an external safety IWB. If the gun has a safety, or a heavy double-action trigger, then I prefer leather for IWB. My EDC hasn't had an external safety since my kids were little, so kydex is my choice most of the time.

For OWB, retention is my biggest concern. I would prefer a leather holster with a retention strap, but have found that kydex usually rides closer to the body, prints less, and is easier to conceal. One day I hope to find my ideal leather OWB holster, but kydex has been my go-to most of the time.

I love my Kydex retention holster. It keeps my TRP in a nice, slim package tightly on my side. I wear it OWB on my right hip. I'm not much for packing heat in public but considering the times we live in, I may have to get my CC permit. It's just a lot of pressure and responsibility so I'm still considering if I'm actually capable.

I have and use both Kydex and Quality Leather Holsters (Mostly TT Gunleather). Depends on the weather, what I am wearing, the pistol I am going to carry, and where I am going. I love the Garret Industries Silent Thunder Guardian for IWB of my PPK and PPK/S pistols; it offers the best of both worlds,

Back