testtest

Holster question

I’m getting a S&W Model 360 in .357. Does anyone know what holsters are compatible with that? Since this model is basically discontinued, having a bit of a hard time finding something specific for it. Will a holster for any J Frame with 2” barrel work? Should I look for something that fits the 360PD or how about a Model 60? Appreciate the input.

I’m getting a S&W Model 360 in .357. Does anyone know what holsters are compatible with that? Since this model is basically discontinued, having a bit of a hard time finding something specific for it. Will a holster for any J Frame with 2” barrel work? Should I look for something that fits the 360PD or how about a Model 60? Appreciate the input.
Any 2” J-frame holster will work.

Quick correction—

If your 360 is one of the models with an unfluted cylinder (360 M&P...there were a few others), you will want to make sure that the holster doesn’t have the flutes molded in (going to be more of a leather holster issue).

If you are looking for OWB, I have a BladeTech that rocks...carry my 640 Pro in it and hardly know it is there.

Quick correction—

If your 360 is one of the models with an unfluted cylinder (360 M&P...there were a few others), you will want to make sure that the holster doesn’t have the flutes molded in (going to be more of a leather holster issue).

If you are looking for OWB, I have a BladeTech that rocks...carry my 640 Pro in it and hardly know it is there.
Yeah, it’s the unfluted cylinder. I figured the molded Kydex wouldn’t work for that. I figured any 2” J Frame would work, but some holster sites show that a particular holster would not work with it, even though my pick was for the 360. I’m guessing they just reference a database that does not include this gun anymore. I’ve also seen descriptions that specifically reference a J Frame .38. I thought they were, but wasn’t sure if the .357 was the same size as the .38.

So, I should be good to go with any J Frame holster, as long as it doesn’t have the flutes molded into it. I’ll look into the Blade Tech as well.

Thanks!

Yeah, it’s the unfluted cylinder. I figured the molded Kydex wouldn’t work for that. I figured any 2” J Frame would work, but some holster sites show that a particular holster would not work with it, even though my pick was for the 360. I’m guessing they just reference a database that does not include this gun anymore. I’ve also seen descriptions that specifically reference a J Frame .38. I thought they were, but wasn’t sure if the .357 was the same size as the .38.

So, I should be good to go with any J Frame holster, as long as it doesn’t have the flutes molded into it. I’ll look into the Blade Tech as well.

Thanks!
S&W standardized their J-frames to .357 Magnum spec 20 or so years ago, iirc...so a 442 (.38) has the same size frame & cylinder as a .357 60 or 640. Most holster makers make them for the current size, but some (older makers, mostly) may still have .38 specific holsters.

I was trying to find the holster—I’m pretty sure it’s a total eclipse, but it looks like they don’t make it for J-frames anymore...

S&W standardized their J-frames to .357 Magnum spec 20 or so years ago, iirc...so a 442 (.38) has the same size frame & cylinder as a .357 60 or 640. Most holster makers make them for the current size, but some (older makers, mostly) may still have .38 specific holsters.

I was trying to find the holster—I’m pretty sure it’s a total eclipse, but it looks like they don’t make it for J-frames anymore...
Thanks. And yeah, I looked at Blade Tech and only found an IWB for J-frame. I does look good though and the price was right. Not sure I’ll take the chance to get it though, because the only pictures for it are with a semi-auto pistol. I’m not sure if the revolver one has the flutes molded in or not…

Thanks. And yeah, I looked at Blade Tech and only found an IWB for J-frame. I does look good though and the price was right. Not sure I’ll take the chance to get it though, because the only pictures for it are with a semi-auto pistol. I’m not sure if the revolver one has the flutes molded in or not…
The Klipt is unfluted.

Blade tech, classic or legend I can't remember, is my favorite carry holster for my Browning. The first kydex holster I have fallen in love with.

Got the holster, got the gun, doesn’t fit… oh well, I’ll have to see if I can send it back.

If leather holster is close fitting, can possibly dampen with very warm water to get it to fit?

Dampen holster, use sponge, doesn't usually take much very warm water. To do: Put gun in plastic bag or wrap with plastic wrap, then slowly work gun into holster holster until seated where want it & let holster dry that way. Leather can stretch quite a bit, is fairly pliable if & when thoroughly dampened. Holster will stiffen back up once dry. Have done a few holster fittings that way w/o screw ups. W/O actually seeing fit, would only try if fairly close to be on safe side, especially the first time.

One thing to be mindful of though, holster likely not returnable after wetting though. Possibly call mfg 1st to verify?

Back