testtest

Holsters

Hammer67

Professional
If we have a holster thread already going, I sure couldn't find it, so I figured I'd start one. Please share your examples of high quality holster work here.

Milt Sparks 60TK OWB holster and S-4C mag carrier for my TRP, which I was lucky to win in an auction a while back:

Milt Sparks.JPG

Fast turnaround time too. Most custom made holster manufacturers I have dealt with in the past are easily between three to six month lead time, sometimes more. These all were a month or less from order to receiving.
That's good to hear, and that's been my experience with most other good holster makers as well. I might just be ordering a Stoner at some point.

Another exception to the long wait times is Simply Rugged. I have a number of them, and I've always been impressed with how quickly I receive my orders from them.

Simply Rugged 'Cuda' OWB for my Dan Wesson TCP:

TCP - Simply Rugged.jpeg

...and Simply Rugged "Sourdough Pancake" OWB for my Colt King Cobra 3":

Simply Rugged - Colt King Cobra.jpeg

That's good to hear, and that's been my experience with most other good holster makers as well. I might just be ordering a Stoner at some point.

Another exception to the long wait times is Simply Rugged. I have a number of them, and I've always been impressed with how quickly I receive my orders from them.

Simply Rugged 'Cuda' OWB for my Dan Wesson TCP:

View attachment 31396

...and Simply Rugged "Sourdough Pancake" OWB for my Colt King Cobra 3":

View attachment 31397

I have been looking into chest holster options for my hunting revolver, had one for my Redhawk which i handed down to a nephew because it was getting to be too much for my arthritis. I am seriously looking at a Simply Rugged pancake with thier Chesty Puller straps.

Nice, who made it. They do not do the optic cut for you?
It was ordered through a company called (Craft Holsters) it was made specifically for the 10mm platform XDM frame and slide so my hope is break In won’t be to drawn out.
Even though it was made for my specific gun they stated they don’t do optic cuts on their leather holsters 🤔 so I’ll just do it myself. Shouldn’t be to difficult.
I will say it will be the first holster I’ve purchased without belt loops on the front and rear flanks, the belt slides through on the back of the holster.

It was ordered through a company called (Craft Holsters) it was made specifically for the 10mm platform XDM frame and slide so my hope is break In won’t be to drawn out.
Even though it was made for my specific gun they stated they don’t do optic cuts on their leather holsters 🤔 so I’ll just do it myself. Shouldn’t be to difficult.
I will say it will be the first holster I’ve purchased without belt loops on the front and rear flanks, the belt slides through on the back of the holster.
I think what you are describing is generally considered a pancake holster which is a bit lower profile than the belt loop on the back.

Since it does not show throat reinforcing a good sharp exacto knife should make quick work of an optics cut. If you need to stretch it a bit just wrap the pistol in cellophane and let it sit in a day or two.

The basket weave is a nice classic look.

So as a follow up to this holster order I have to honestly say I’m upset with myself for not doing research on
(Craft Holsters)
I’m not saying that this is going to be an issue however I found out this is NOT a company based in the USA ☹️
Now I do have a FedEx tracking number that is showing travel movement the reviews on customer satisfaction are mixed and the BBB gives them an (F)
I guess I wait to see if I’ll be happy or disappointed. 🤦‍♂️

So as a follow up to this holster order I have to honestly say I’m upset with myself for not doing research on
(Craft Holsters)
I’m not saying that this is going to be an issue however I found out this is NOT a company based in the USA ☹️
Now I do have a FedEx tracking number that is showing travel movement the reviews on customer satisfaction are mixed and the BBB gives them an (F)
I guess I wait to see if I’ll be happy or disappointed. 🤦‍♂️

That part of the world produced your XDs, my favorite bass guitar and has been engineering and manufacturing quality products for a long, long time. These holsters get really good reviews.

Back