testtest

Home Defense Over Penetration

Good vid. Supports previous discussions on over-penetration (OP).

As per the previous vid an exterior wall of brick appears to be the only medium that provides protection from the exterior, and likely penetration going out of the interior.

But shooting from inside through a non-brick wall clearly shows the risk of OP from gun fire inside going out into adjacent rooms and out of the home when its a convertional siding exterior.

Unless one builds a safe room, has furniture/safes that would provide adequate cover, or somehow reinforces interior walls the risk to a defender/others in other rooms will be high.

Last edited:
Good vid. Supports previous discussions on over-penetration (OP).

As per the previous vid an exterior wall of brick appears to be the only medium that provides protection from the exterior, and likely penetration going out of the interior.

But shooting from inside through a non-brick wall clearly shows the risk of OP from gun fire inside going out into adjacent rooms and out of the home when its a convertional siding exterior.

Unless one builds a safe room, has furniture/safes that would provide adequate cover, or somehow reinforces interior walls the risk to a defender/others in other rooms will be high.

^ Abslutely.

This was me, from the following thread started by @SMSgtRod a couple of months ago - https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/home-defense-over-penetration.236/ ---->

Instead of worrying about overpenetration, I simply plan for it - in knowing that there's no magic bullet that will achieve good terminal ballistics on a threat but will not harm anything else, I've positioned lanes/angles-of-fire so that I know that in the event of a miss, the backdrop is clear.

And this highlights the need for marksmanship -

---

I really like his videos.

I like how 'down to earth' this guy is.

+1.

His way of soft speaking and little hype also appeals to me, too. :)

Back