testtest

How Do I Buy a Gun?

I enjoy the articles on the basics and have been looking them over with a fine tooth comb. That being said, great job on teaching the basics that a lot of people assume you know if you have a gun in your hand. I remember my first days at my local range, me and my Colt Govt. Model .45. I had no clue what some of the oldtimers were talking about. Now being one of those oldtimers, I try to pass on my experience to those in need. I do enjoy introducing new shooters to our sport. So what I'm getting at is, thanks for teaching those that need taught. You do a good job.

Is Springfield Armory even making guns right now? No one has anything but M-1As and I cannot afford nor want one.
Any hope of having product available before Biden wins and firearm sales will be burdensome or worse?

I think everyone is producing as much as possible...but it doesn't meet demand. Nor does it match normal output rates because of supply-chain shortages. EVERY industry is shorthanded right now due to "distancing" requirements. Less ore means less steel, lead, and brass. Less steel, lead, and brass available to the manufacturers means fewer slides, frames, bullets and casings being produced. Combine all that, with massively increased demand...and you buy what you can get your hands on.

It's like American Pickers - "the time to buy something...is when you see it".

I think everyone is producing as much as possible...but it doesn't meet demand. Nor does it match normal output rates because of supply-chain shortages. EVERY industry is shorthanded right now due to "distancing" requirements. Less ore means less steel, lead, and brass. Less steel, lead, and brass available to the manufacturers means fewer slides, frames, bullets and casings being produced. Combine all that, with massively increased demand...and you buy what you can get your hands on.

It's like American Pickers - "the time to buy something...is when you see it".
You are correct, I was looking at bulk ammunition sites for 5.56/.223 one site a large amount but pricy, while I was looking at other sites and found nothing I went back to the site that had some and it was gone, 🤦‍♂️ 20 minutes tops.

I was quite impressed by the article. State laws vary so much that a lot of these articles either often a bare minimum of useful information, or present information that can be completely incorrect depending on where you live. I really wish there was enough ammo to accommodate all of the new gun owners, but I'm still glad to see them. Hopefully, we will see an increase in pro 2A voters.

Back