testtest

How Would You React?

The Night Rider

Professional
First, I've never interacted with a plainclothes cop who didn't begin the interaction by presenting their credentials and identifying themselves. I've also never seen a plainclothes cop carry their credentials in their back pocket.

Watch the video. Pay specific attention at 25(ish) seconds when she reaches (right past her gun) for her credentials.

In the real world I would have known she was FBI before I opened the door or I wouldn't have opened the door.

But in the real world I never open my door without a gun on my person (never in my hand).

I'm pretty sure how I'd react if I thought some unidentified stranger was reaching for a gun.

Am I wrong?

Just because she's reaching past her holstered gun doesn't mean that she will have another 1 in her back. Hopefully relayed the 1st statement well. ie 2nd gun

First, I've never interacted with a plainclothes cop who didn't begin the interaction by presenting their credentials and identifying themselves. I've also never seen a plainclothes cop carry their credentials in their back pocket.

Watch the video. Pay specific attention at 25(ish) seconds when she reaches (right past her gun) for her credentials.

In the real world I would have known she was FBI before I opened the door or I wouldn't have opened the door.

But in the real world I never open my door without a gun on my person (never in my hand).

I'm pretty sure how I'd react if I thought some unidentified stranger was reaching for a gun.

Am I wrong?
what i recall is that nearly every time i have seen a cop pull out a badge, it's from the inner pocket of thier jacket, not from thier back pockets.

or many times, the badge is on a chain, around thier neck...

The director was more interested in showing you her bust than LE procedure. For one she would not have been standing in the middle of tbe doorway. TV police shows rarely reflect the real world.

I would have my credentials in my left hand when I knocked. But I will tell you, working plain clothes for many years, most people know you are LE by your look and manner long before they see the badge. About 30 years ago it became a common trend for plain clothes officers to have their badge clipped to the gun belt right in front of their sidearm so if you saw the gun you also saw the badge. A lot of agencies don't even bother to wear a cover garment nowadays.

If you ever watch this show, you’ll notice that in every episode, they attempt to jump bigger and bigger and bigger sharks. They have had frogs falling from the sky. They’ve had a an earthquake in Austin. They’ve had -gosh I can’t remember it all - they’ve just been so over the top, outlandish, unbelievable scenarios, so yeah it’s just for entertainment. And yes I agree perhaps they just wanted you to see her figure.

If you ever watch this show, you’ll notice that in every episode, they attempt to jump bigger and bigger and bigger sharks. They have had frogs falling from the sky. They’ve had a an earthquake in Austin. They’ve had -gosh I can’t remember it all - they’ve just been so over the top, outlandish, unbelievable scenarios, so yeah it’s just for entertainment. And yes I agree perhaps they just wanted you to see her figure.
Miss direction ;)

I'm not sure but I don't think I made the point that I was trying to make.

Overlooking everything else in the clip when she reached for her badge it looked very much like she was reaching for her gun.

I realize that it's just bad TV. I realize that's not the way it happens in the real world but if I saw someone at my front door doing that I would assume they were reaching for that gun.

For what it's worth, they might have been showing off her boobs especially if she's going to be Captain Strand's new love interest. But I think they set that scene up like that for the shock value.

Hi guys,

Am I wrong?
I don’t open the door until I know exactly who I’m talking to and why.

Yes, more to your points Mr. @The Night Rider and Mr. @Keystone19250, these days you want to be careful when opening your front door, especially at night. Many bad guys will force their way in after knocking on the door. I must admit that I don't often find out my visitor's business before opening the door but I do look at them either through the peep hole or window before opening the door. This reminds me that perhaps I should be a little more cautious, although I usually have a friend close by. ;)

Let's hope a real LEO would not seem to "go for their gun" before identifying themself. We hear of cop impersonators too. It's a weird world out there these days.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I'm not sure but I don't think I made the point that I was trying to make.

Overlooking everything else in the clip when she reached for her badge it looked very much like she was reaching for her gun.

I realize that it's just bad TV. I realize that's not the way it happens in the real world but if I saw someone at my front door doing that I would assume they were reaching for that gun.

For what it's worth, they might have been showing off her boobs especially if she's going to be Captain Strand's new love interest. But I think they set that scene up like that for the shock value.
post #2

IE, she could have a gun in the small of her back and not just the 1 she has holstered. She reached past her holstered gun for her id, but could have had a gun elsewhere (small of back).
I'm sorry, I intend no disrespect with what I'm about to say but that is completely nonsensible

Back