testtest

HR 127: The Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act.

Just another indicator of how determined some are to remove the rights of law-abiding citizens, and control anything and everything possible. Thinking it will never happen borders on living in denial. Never underestimate those folks, as the rule of law means little to them. Basically, the inmates of Arkum now control the WH, Senate, and House, and the others who are supposedly in-line with our beliefs are easily swayed. After all, they're politicians. Just my two cents worth.

Has anyone even bothered to ask Rep. Jackson-Lee which provision of the proposed law would have prevented the tragic murder of Sabika Sheikh? It's only reasonable to assume that a bill named after her would propose some sort of solution to the situation that led to her death. Sabika Sheikh was murdered by a 17 year-old high school reject who never legally purchased the guns used in the mass shooting at Santa Fe High School. This horrible bill, which flies in the face of our Constitution, is the worst form of political pandering.

There's nothing in the Constitution that gives the Federal govt the authority to license a "guaranteed" right in the Bill of Rights, and therefore turn it into a "privilege", especially one that is specifically prominent (2nd Amendment) in the Constitutiuon.

So this proposed bill not only violates the 2nd Amendment but also the 10th Amendment - "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people", and the 5th and 8th Amendments.

Plus, it violates Article 1, Section 9, Clause 3, the "ex post facto" clause of the Constitution.

Last edited:
I wonder if she will go after people of color first !!
I'm sure she has never even thought about the fact that all new firearm restrictions hit poor communities and people of color the hardest. Progressives never want to accept that the 2nd Amendment protects the most important civil right. If Rep. Jackson-Lee had her way, this horrible law would pass and she would get to campaign on addressing the puzzling issue of over-incarceration among members of minority communities. Causing a problem that you are pledging to stop is the ultimate form of job security for politicians.

I'm sure she has never even thought about the fact that all new firearm restrictions hit poor communities and people of color the hardest. Progressives never want to accept that the 2nd Amendment protects the most important civil right. If Rep. Jackson-Lee had her way, this horrible law would pass and she would get to campaign on addressing the puzzling issue of over-incarceration among members of minority communities. Causing a problem that you are pledging to stop is the ultimate form of job security for politicians.

These inconvenient truths are best ignored don't you know. Just like the rest of them. Like who started the KKK and which congress (and more importantly their clerk) refused to call the names of which confederate, military officers/ newly elected southern congressmen after the conclusion of the civil war during " Reconstruction".

Yeah, those things are best left unsaid. lol

It would be nice if the folks who voted in representatives like this had to suffer the consequences of any laws their representatives proposed or supported and the rest of us were not affected. Unfortunately, that isn't the way things work. For some reason, I am frequently reminded of the movie "Forrest Gump." "Stupid is as stupid does."

Back