testtest

HR 838 Is This A Federal Red Flag Law? 🤔

Don’t like any of the red flag crap.....
1588809118528.jpeg

Doesn't look too promising!
Just because is a republican who proposed the bill doesn't mean it's good. Mitt Romney signed the assault weapons ban into permanent law in Massachusetts when he was the governor. 🤬
Don’t get me started on Mitt.......he can’t even take care of a dog.....let alone anything in the senate

Well, I'm about as anti-Big-Brother as anyone here, and I want the government to stay the hell out of my life. However...unless I missed something in my quick scan of the text...there's no mention of firearms in it at all? This, to me, looks like a personality-profiling bill - more of a "spy on Americans" bill, allowing profilers to look at social media and other "personality-based" items, to identify potential offenders prior to the offense.

Does that mean it can't be used as a basis for a red-flag gun confiscation case? No. Does that mean it doesn't enumerate ways to end-run Due Process, by "pre-identifying" criminals? No. But in and of itself, I don't see any confiscation powers mentioned at all. Again - unless I missed it, in which case, please point it out to me.

Well, I'm about as anti-Big-Brother as anyone here, and I want the government to stay the hell out of my life. However...unless I missed something in my quick scan of the text...there's no mention of firearms in it at all? This, to me, looks like a personality-profiling bill - more of a "spy on Americans" bill, allowing profilers to look at social media and other "personality-based" items, to identify potential offenders prior to the offense.

Does that mean it can't be used as a basis for a red-flag gun confiscation case? No. Does that mean it doesn't enumerate ways to end-run Due Process, by "pre-identifying" criminals? No. But in and of itself, I don't see any confiscation powers mentioned at all. Again - unless I missed it, in which case, please point it out to me.
Oh, I concur, but that old "give 'em an inch..." could be expanded to include "probable cause" to further their intentions.

Never forget the words uttered by shumer and others:
"...whatever it takes..."

This is more of a cut to the chase summary on the Bill...…
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr838/summary
From the link:
"...By bringing threat assessment experts together and utilizing evidence-based behavioral threat assessment and management processes, this bill will help equip our communities with the tools they need to prevent future tragedies.”

I'm wondering who the "experts" are, and what guidelines are they using for the "evidence-based behavorial threat"?

To me, the regular citizen, it sounds almost like profiling to some extent.

My question is with ( behavioral threat assessment ). Who is going to define this or is it something they can just make up to use as it seem fit. Just because somebody like to run their mouth doesn't mean they are going on a killing spree.
Yeah just imagine if you are not running your mouth, yet standing your ground on what you believe. And what this country was founded on. But because you have an opinion, they silence you by taking your 2A rights away. A step towards dictatorship.

From the link:
"...By bringing threat assessment experts together and utilizing evidence-based behavioral threat assessment and management processes, this bill will help equip our communities with the tools they need to prevent future tragedies.”

I'm wondering who the "experts" are, and what guidelines are they using for the "evidence-based behavorial threat"?

To me, the regular citizen, it sounds almost like profiling to some extent.
A threat assessment is based on perception. "If one feels threatened." Do you want peoples 2nd Amendment rights taken away from someone's perception? The laws already on the books make it illegal for those that shouldn't own guns to obtain them. However, evil people will always do evil things. You can not march it away, or think that banning guns will prevent another shooting. You have to meet this evil when it rears it's ugly head with the tools necessary to combat it head on. An armed society is a polite society.

Back