testtest

I called the Witch Doctor......

Bassbob

Emissary
Ok, so I've been hem hawing around about buying my first AR for about 100 years now and I finally went and did it. Obviously I am a dumbass since I decided to do this during the current dempanic firearm shortage, but hey, it is what it is.

I looked around for about a week. Almost pulled the trigger on a 7.5" pistol by Stag Arms and then almost went 1000 degrees the other way and bought one from Giesele for over 2k. In the end, having heard from friends about the parts they manufacture I dropped 8 beans on a AA Voodoo Innovations Witch Doctor. Here's hoping I didn't screw myself, but I figure for $800 I could have done worse. I mean it isn't like I bought a Radical Arms or anything. I will give my thoughts on this rifle after I receive it and have a chance to shoot it. Not that it will mean anything since I have shot an AR exactly one time in my life.

Crap I foresee buying for this thing in the very near future:

Obviously I will need an optic. I really like my Romeo 5 on my shotgun, but for this rifle I'm thinking something with a little magnification is in order. It has a split rail on it and I don't really like the idea of a red dot and a magnifier anyway so I am thinking an all in one unit. Let's call the budget $300 give or take $100.

I'm going to want a handguard or a vert grip and I am already familiar with ( and actually have an extra) Magpul VRG. Open to thoughts on this.

Sling. I have a BFG Vickers on my KSG and it is super cool and neato. I assume a 2 point is in order if I wish to not be blasting myself in the nads repeatedly. Is this sling a good choice? Any other recommendations?

At some point in the not too horribly distant future I see myself being a trigger dork here and will likely opt for a Giesele trigger. Probably not binary. Also open to suggestions here.

Anyways, wish me luck and if anyone wants to hip me to what brand and weight of ammo I should be looking at and maybe where I can get it at an only slightly insane price by the case ( 1000 rds. - ish ) I would certainly be appreciative.

Ok, so I've been hem hawing around about buying my first AR for about 100 years now and I finally went and did it. Obviously I am a dumbass since I decided to do this during the current dempanic firearm shortage, but hey, it is what it is.

I looked around for about a week. Almost pulled the trigger on a 7.5" pistol by Stag Arms and then almost went 1000 degrees the other way and bought one from Giesele for over 2k. In the end, having heard from friends about the parts they manufacture I dropped 8 beans on a AA Voodoo Innovations Witch Doctor. Here's hoping I didn't screw myself, but I figure for $800 I could have done worse. I mean it isn't like I bought a Radical Arms or anything. I will give my thoughts on this rifle after I receive it and have a chance to shoot it. Not that it will mean anything since I have shot an AR exactly one time in my life.

Crap I foresee buying for this thing in the very near future:

Obviously I will need an optic. I really like my Romeo 5 on my shotgun, but for this rifle I'm thinking something with a little magnification is in order. It has a split rail on it and I don't really like the idea of a red dot and a magnifier anyway so I am thinking an all in one unit. Let's call the budget $300 give or take $100.

I'm going to want a handguard or a vert grip and I am already familiar with ( and actually have an extra) Magpul VRG. Open to thoughts on this.

Sling. I have a BFG Vickers on my KSG and it is super cool and neato. I assume a 2 point is in order if I wish to not be blasting myself in the nads repeatedly. Is this sling a good choice? Any other recommendations?

At some point in the not too horribly distant future I see myself being a trigger dork here and will likely opt for a Giesele trigger. Probably not binary. Also open to suggestions here.

Anyways, wish me luck and if anyone wants to hip me to what brand and weight of ammo I should be looking at and maybe where I can get it at an only slightly insane price by the case ( 1000 rds. - ish ) I would certainly be appreciative.
Sounds nice Bassbob, need a pic......good luck with it, they can be fun to have and shoot.

Glass: look at a Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS, or a Vortex 1-6 Strike Eagle.

Ammo—what’s your barrel’s twist rate? That’ll determine which weights might be the better performers...but you won’t go wrong with 55gr FMJBT (aka M193). .50/rd seeks to be a good price currently.

Glass: look at a Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS, or a Vortex 1-6 Strike Eagle.

Ammo—what’s your barrel’s twist rate? That’ll determine which weights might be the better performers...but you won’t go wrong with 55gr FMJBT (aka M193). .50/rd seeks to be a good price currently.

1:7

Here's a link and it looks like I got the last one.

Good looking ride.

add a B5 or Magpul new pistol grip and stock and that AR will be even more sleek !!

no issues on accuracy for 62 gr green tips. Have hundreds of rounds theu my Saint.

i am happy with Vortex. I run a Strikefire RDS with a 3x magnifier and another Ar has a Vortex 2x14 scope. Lifetime warranty is nice for Vortex. Sig RDS are nice and have 2 other Romeo’s.

get some heat shields/strips to mount into the front handguard to ward off some off the heat while firing. Magpul and Bravo company make some good ones

Excellent. So I'm thinking pick up a couple P Mags just to make sure they run in my gun first and add extra mags as I catch them on sale. I was told by two different people that the green followers are the good ones, so I will stick to mags with the green followers.

What kind of slings are you all using?

If you plan on shooting at a range make sure green tips are allowed. All of the indoor and some of the outdoor ranges in my area don't allow them.
Every range around here allows them. Green tips dont do anything . Its ‘black tip’ armor piercing that are not allowed. Green tips are “penetrators” which every range here inspects my ammo, sees green tips and hands them back

Blue Force Gear/Vickers sling or Magpul MS3 sling https://magpul.com/ms3-sling-gen-2.html?mp_global_color=118
https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-push-button-slings.html
Your buddy is referencing the followers on the USGI mags not the Pmags. The followers were different colors and green being one of them most reliable. You get Pmags, Gen2 or 3 you’ll be fine, get some USGI mags for backup and you can always buy followers. First is a USGI and 2nd is a Pmag, look at the followers.
782FB6B1-CDA5-472B-9E32-7B445A00E555.jpeg
B8A0573D-DCDE-4205-B9C7-F97CC55F2025.jpeg

Back