testtest

I Hate It When This Happens

So off I went today to wash my truck, (long overdue) and then I wanted to find some 10mm Hollow Point, I check Cabela’s nothing. I went online and looked up gun stores in my area, I knew there were some I’ve never been to.
I found a gem. Name of the store——
(Everything Canceled Carry)
Picked up a box of 20 Hornady Handgun Hunter 10mm 135gr Monoflex Hollow Point, no lead.
It was busy but the owner and I talked guns and ammo.
I should have bought the ammunition and left but couldn’t resist walking around looking at the store. Small but well stocked with everything from pistols, AR’s, rifles and shotguns.
Then I found the 1911 showcase.
No I didn’t buy one (yet)
F18F159D-1CD7-46F5-8D97-3609475E62CD.jpeg

Rock Island 1911 10mm Double stack,
a beautiful black gun, I love black guns.
So here I am asking for more help, who knows Rock Island 1911’s and can maybe tell me about this gun?? At $699.00 what am I buying??

Nice find. They are very good 1911s. They been making them for a long time and have them pretty dialed in. My opinion.

Proprietary magazines, but so are every 2011 style 1911 magazine.

I was looking for a 9mm version before I bought the p365xl, still might

Last edited:
So off I went today to wash my truck, (long overdue) and then I wanted to find some 10mm Hollow Point, I check Cabela’s nothing. I went online and looked up gun stores in my area, I knew there were some I’ve never been to.
Picked up a box of 20 Hornady Handgun Hunter 10mm 135gr Monoflex Hollow Point, no lead.
I should have bought the ammunition and left but couldn’t resist walking around looking at the store. Small but well stocked with everything from pistols, AR’s, rifles and shotguns.
View attachment 22725
So here I am asking for more help, who knows Rock Island 1911’s and can maybe tell me about this gun?? At $699.00 what am I buying??
My local Rural King has the RIA 10mm on sale right now for $450.00….. had to pass for now

Nice find. They are very good 1911s. They been making them for a long time and have them pretty dialed in. My opinion.

Proprietary magazines, but so are every 2011 style 1911 magazine.

I was looking for a 9mm version before I bought the p365xl, still might
at the RIA home website, they have a link to another site that sells mags for them. i think it is Advanced Tactical..

View attachment 22725
RIA makes solid 1911’s.

I have a RIA doublestack .22TCM/9mm, and besides the fact it doesn’t like 147gr 9mmloads (124 and 115 run 100%), it’s a great piece.

$699 seems a little high, but not crazy high.

RIA makes solid 1911’s.

I have a RIA doublestack .22TCM/9mm, and besides the fact it doesn’t like 147gr 9mmloads (124 and 115 run 100%), it’s a great piece.

$699 seems a little high, but not crazy high.
What I’m thinking about doing is trading in my Glock G22 Gen5 40 for this as the Glock just didn’t fit my hand all that well. I will admit that I was surprised at the low price as I always figured 1911’s to be on the pricy side, I’ve been watching some reviews on the gun and the low cost has been beaten to death as a gun made in the Philippines.

What I’m thinking about doing is trading in my Glock G22 Gen5 40 for this as the Glock just didn’t fit my hand all that well. I will admit that I was surprised at the low price as I always figured 1911’s to be on the pricy side, I’ve been watching some reviews on the gun and the low cost has been beaten to death as a gun made in the Philippines.
what i always do, when i buy a 1911, is check the MSH for it being either "plastic" or metal. i can assure you that a "few" higher dollar 1911's that i have bought, had the "plastic" MSH, and i swiftly replaced them with metal Ed Brown MSH's.

at the lower prices, that i paid for my Tisas and the RIA..??

metal MSH's......!!!!!

Buy it, just cause its made in PI doesn't mean its no good. Double stack 1911 is the best way to go.

MainSpring Housing

I have the same grips on mine, VZ Operator. Looks like a really good price to me.

Buy it, just cause its made in PI doesn't mean its no good. Double stack 1911 is the best way to go.

MainSpring Housing

I have the same grips on mine, VZ Operator. Looks like a really good price to me.
I’m not concerned about the gun being made in the Philippine’s at all and yes a metal main spring housing. The gun felt solid and very well made, absolutely no wobble between the slide and frame. I’ve been looking at multiple sites with information on this particular model and they are all mentioning MSRP between $685-750

I’m not concerned about the gun being made in the Philippine’s at all and yes a metal main spring housing. The gun felt solid and very well made, absolutely no wobble between the slide and frame. I’ve been looking at multiple sites with information on this particular model and they are mentioning MSRP between $685-750
personally, i have bought guns made in Turkey, Croatia, USA, and the Philippines.

you will love the RIA. and as any other 1911, you can switch out the grips, and anything else.

I’m not one to start changing anything on any of my firearms, some like my AR have added accessories but the original gun no changes.
i only changed out grips, only cause i did not like the feel. and i only change out the MSH, from plastic to all metal.

very simple thing to change out the MSH.

anything else, is stock on my 1911's.

can't say that for most of my glocks however.....

Back