testtest

I think I jacked up my xdm elite...please help.

I was stripping the pistol after a running about 300 rounds and I took out the grip safety pin. I was able to get it back in and reassemble the pistol but now the grips safety is inoperable, the gun is out of battery, and the slide wont come off. LMFAO! Anyone know a way out of this? Any advise would go a long way right now.

I was stripping the pistol after a running about 300 rounds and I took out the grip safety pin. I was able to get it back in and reassemble the pistol but now the grips safety is inoperable, the gun is out of battery, and the slide wont come off. LMFAO! Anyone know a way out of this? Any advise would go a long way right now.
Ok, big question, why did you take out that pin, it has nothing to do with cleaning your gun, you just field strip the gun like in the manual, that's it, might have to call Springfield up.

1684279760494.gif

Send it back to Springfield. Even in the Armorers school they tell you not to disassemble the grip safety. That is even beyond Armorer level for police departments. In the XDM there are other things that are held in by the GS pin. The only other alternative is to send it to someone like me who can inspect your springs most likely replace them and get it back to normal

Mell,
I won’t pile on with more snide remarks (but for the record, if I did it’d be like “trade it in on a 1911” or some such - Lol 😉 )
But
You’re smarter than you know because you 1) stopped when you realized you had a problem, and 2) started asking around so you could get an idea of options.
As you can see, the general consensus is to let Spgfld do the work. I guarantee they’ve seen it before - or something similar - and will handle it best…

Mell,
I won’t pile on with more snide remarks (but for the record, if I did it’d be like “trade it in on a 1911” or some such - Lol 😉 )
But
You’re smarter than you know because you 1) stopped when you realized you had a problem, and 2) started asking around so you could get an idea of options.
As you can see, the general consensus is to let Spgfld do the work. I guarantee they’ve seen it before - or something similar - and will handle it best…
Thanks, much appreciated!

Well, crap!
I'm sorry, but it was hilarious earlier so I'm gonna do it again🤣🤣🤣
1684329543483.gif

Back