testtest

If you bought the gun you wanted, why are you now disappointed?

youngolddude

Professional
I guess I have to experience a little bit of everything to truly learn some of life's lessons. Here are some of the reasons why I was disappointed in gun purchases:
  • painful grip texture
  • warranty issues
  • trigger pull
  • sale price just after purchase

Are there other reasons the shine was lost on your selection?

I guess I have to experience a little bit of everything to truly learn some of life's lessons. Here are some of the reasons why I was disappointed in gun purchases:
  • painful grip texture
  • warranty issues
  • trigger pull

Why i wont purchase a handgun unless I can handle it first. Trigger pull. Feel. Function checks. , etc …

My wife is a lot less experienced than I with guns. I only owned striker fired pistols but had fired many DA's and she never had. She loves my Beretta CX4 Storm so she thought that she might just like Berettas. She tried on a 92fs and absolutely fell in love with how it felt in her hand, so I bought one. At the range (admittedly it had been awhile since she'd shot) she fell out of love when she felt the trigger pull and double action. The most regrettable part about it is that I had a strong feeling that it may happen, but I went ahead with the purchase. I don't regret it completely because it's a super sexy pistol in my opinion and one that I really love, but when you're used to striker fired it's definitely different.
I'll get her used to it and make her love it (I hope). I guess the real regret is that there are others that I would have picked up first, but live and learn and buy more guns later.

Oh, I've had several that I bought and kinda wished I hadn't...

The Colt LW Commander that was terribly inaccurate, no matter the load; ditto with the Colt Night Cobra...the Century G3 that didn't have an ejector...both Taurus pistols, a PT92 and a Tracker...pretty much every XD I've bought, with the possible exception of the first generation .45 Tactical w/thumb safety...

That's just off the top of my head.

Oh, I've had several that I bought and kinda wished I hadn't...

The Colt LW Commander that was terribly inaccurate, no matter the load; ditto with the Colt Night Cobra...the Century G3 that didn't have an ejector...both Taurus pistols, a PT92 and a Tracker...pretty much every XD I've bought, with the possible exception of the first generation .45 Tactical w/thumb safety...

That's just off the top of my head.

The only SA I own is a 4" service model XD Mod 2 .45 ACP. I do love that gun. Very accurate and reliable, feels amazing in my hands. That said, I am not really overly impressed with the line and I haven't seen any other XDs that I would buy.

Only one I can think of right offhand is my Ruger 77/22V .22LR. I love the looks, feel, and handling, but it has never shot as well as I think a premium priced, heavy-barrelled .22 should. Oh, it shoots okay--about like a well-tuned stock 10/22--but for what it is and what it cost, it ought to shoot superbly. My CZ452 (standard barrel) and my old stock Remington 581 both easily outshoot it. I believe it has a "loose" chamber. I'm giving serious though to having the barrel relined with a premium .22 liner with a match chamber, if I can find someone who can do it at a reasonable price.

• painful grip texture
  • warranty issues
  • trigger pull

i bought a brand new, never used S&W EZ .380 (from my buddy's sister) .......it sucked, it only had 2- 8 rnd magazines....i dumped it.

then i had bought another S&W EZ, cannot recall the model, but it was in 9MM, and THAT sucked for 2 reasons...

1) the stupid grip safety, and the mag limit....i dumped that.

then i had bought a Taurus ultra lite 2" revolver. .38 special, ....that sucked eggs....i dumped that.

I am a notorious impulse buyer. I do my research first, but it’s rare that I test drive first. When I do, it’s typically with a gun that is not going to disappoint (P226 Legion, X5 Legion).

I bought an IWI Masada while my Archon Type B was off being milled for a red dot. The Masada had lots of good reviews and was compared very favorably to the Archon. I got a really good deal on the Masada and I really didn’t have any issues with it, but once my Archon came back it was like the Masada no longer had a purpose, so I sold it.

I am a notorious impulse buyer. I do my research first, but it’s rare that I test drive first. When I do, it’s typically with a gun that is not going to disappoint (P226 Legion, X5 Legion).

I bought an IWI Masada while my Archon Type B was off being milled for a red dot. The Masada had lots of good reviews and was compared very favorably to the Archon. I got a really good deal on the Masada and I really didn’t have any issues with it, but once my Archon came back it was like the Masada no longer had a purpose, so I sold it.
i had settled on getting a Masada as well, but other things came along, that i like much more, namely the 1911's i have.

I had an extractor fall off before I shot 10 rounds.
A smooth trigger pull in the store turned into slow split times. It was way too long.
A grip that felt fine in the store didn't allow me to shoot 50 rounds.
I've had a few others with groups about twice what others reported and others that couldn't be relied upon for defensive purposes.
I haven't been able to rent or road test everything. It is disappointing when your new baby turns out to be a turd.

i bought a brand new, never used S&W EZ .380 (from my buddy's sister) .......it sucked, it only had 2- 8 rnd magazines....i dumped it.

then i had bought another S&W EZ, cannot recall the model, but it was in 9MM, and THAT sucked for 2 reasons...

1) the stupid grip safety, and the mag limit....i dumped that.

then i had bought a Taurus ultra lite 2" revolver. .38 special, ....that sucked eggs....i dumped that.
Just two questions,

1. how many magazines should it come with? Have seen few that come with more than two.

2. Why in heavens name would you buy a second single stack EZ if you sold the first because it only had two 8 round mags?

Last edited:
Just two questions,

1. how many magazines should it come with? Have seen few that come with more than two.

2. Why in heavens name would you buy a second single stack EZ if you sold the first because it only had two 8 round mags?
both only came with 2, the normal...but i want MORE...MORE...MORE..>!!

i cannot stand to reload short magazines (other than my 1911's), when i want to SHOOT...SHOOT...SHOOT....!!!!

plus, we were still (back then) as we are now, in a "shortage of some magazines", so i could not get ANY..!!

the (small) LGS had the M&P-9? if i recall which i wanted, but he told me his biggest seller was the EZ slide....

and the .380 was really slick for that, and THAT i liked, so i thought "why not"?

Why i wont purchase a handgun unless I can handle it first. Trigger pull. Feel. Function checks. , etc …
Exactly!
Those stores with trigger locks that refuse to allow functionality get no sales from me.
While I do understand from their insurance point of view. When they give me the smart a** answer of buy it and you can test it all you want.
I smile right back and say your darn right I will, but I'll go somewhere else to do it.

I've been through a lot of firearms over the years. Usually traded them in because I just wanted something else. Or just kept them and they are now part of my "arsenal" but not necessarily part of my EDC rotation.

The only gun I regretted buying was a Ruger M77 mark II in 7mm Magnum. It was a synthetic stock with a stainless light weight barrel. Loved the look of the gun. Loved the Mauser bolt action. But it pissed me off every time I went out to shoot it or sight it in for hunting. The barrel would heat up and the "whip" would spray shots all over the place. Wound up trading it in for a Remington model 700 in 7mm. No problems with that one!

For me it would be the Beretta APX carry. It feels really good in the hand and the slide is very easy to grip & rack because of its unique design but the trigger is absolutely abysmal and there isn't really any good options that I could find to upgrade it.

The other 3 pistols in the APX line all share a similar trigger to each other which isn't bad at all but the APX carry's trigger is total crude.

Either way if I like it or not I will not sell any of my firearms so it will just sit in a safe until I find a way to upgrade it.

Last edited:
Back