testtest

I'm curious..

I like it for performance over the lighter AR loads (.55/.62 gr) and not quite the recoil of the .308.

the .300 BO fills the need in that area but is the “in crowd” pleaser.

i prefer the 6.5 grendel .123 gr over the .300 BO for hogs, but I’m the minority on that . Story of my life.

i like what works for me..

It was one of the first intermediate calibers for the AR15 platform—basically a way of giving the AR more hitting power (and better long range performance) without having to step up to the .308 AR10-type chassis.

The military gave it a try back in the early-mid 2000’s, along with 6.8SPC…the decided they preferred the latter, even though the 6.5G gave better long range performance.

It’s a solid round. I had a couple rifles chambered in it, but moved on from them.

It's a potent round but a waste of money if you don't hunt regularly because it's too expensive and scarce to plink with it.
Not true.

Wolf, of all companies, makes some fairly inexpensive ammunition in 6.5G that was pretty decent quality. It was steel cased, yes, but the bullets were a standard copper alloy jacket. My handloads could beat them, but they were similar accuracy to the big 3’s (Federal, Winchester, Remington) lower end offerings.

Not true.

Wolf, of all companies, makes some fairly inexpensive ammunition in 6.5G that was pretty decent quality. It was steel cased, yes, but the bullets were a standard copper alloy jacket. My handloads could beat them, but they were similar accuracy to the big 3’s (Federal, Winchester, Remington) lower end offerings.
It's scare right now, 18 months running, the other rifle rounds are largely back but Academy and Bass Pro aren't able to keep 6.5 Grendel on the shelves if they can get any.

Back