testtest

Indoor shooting

jumpinjoe

Professional
Does anyone here use an indoor laser shooting system? If so, what brand and why that brand. What are some advantages over others?

It's getting so danged hard to find ammo, and if you do find some, to then get time to go to the range, I'm exploring an alternate method of practicing. I know it has to leave 'some to be desired', but any practice should be good practice and far better than no practice at all.

Appreciate any/all input and/or advice.

There are laser cartridges available but they only give to a "single-shot" then you have to manually re-cock.

There are very expensive electronic shooting systems that record each shot on a Computer/TV screen.

I have looked into a couple of them, this link is for a product called Strikeman. Price is reasonable, but don’t know of anyone who has used it.
This link is for a company called Mantisx. A retired LEO I know liked this a lot.
I’m sure there are others, but these two are the only ones I’ve looked into.

I do use a laser cartridge once in a while. I'll aim it at a screw in a switchplate across the room. I use it just to "stay familiar" with functionality on the different pistols. I haven't set up the software you could download with it becasue I don't feel like setting up the phone, sharing the tv screen, etc. Too many people walking around and I am sure it would be in somebody's way.

I've been using one of these:
Price shop it though, I had a credit there which I used. They are on amazon, direct from mfg, etc
There are also adapters that allow the use of the 9mm cartridge to be used in a 40 S&W or 45.

It's very simple, you manually load it in your chamber and every time you pull the trigger it emits a small red dot on whatever you aimed at. You do have to re-rack the slide after each trigger pull but only enough to reset the trigger.
There are apps and software out there that you can use to track your history and run your smart phone or tablet as a camera that will track your targeting, speed, etc.

Like jmcd above, I use all sorts of things in the house as targets without any app or camera setup.

Thanks to you all. I sometimes use a chamber laser and aim at various items around the house too, but without some kind of feedback you never know how close you would have hit.

My wife mentioned that once and asked me how I could tell where I hit .... I told her it was simple, I just never miss! I'm not sure she bought it. ;) She said I definitely needed to keep practicing. She didn't specify whether she was talking about my shooting or my lying. LOL!

Now there's something to ponder!

Thanks to you all. I sometimes use a chamber laser and aim at various items around the house too, but without some kind of feedback you never know how close you would have hit.

My wife mentioned that once and asked me how I could tell where I hit .... I told her it was simple, I just never miss! I'm not sure she bought it. ;) She said I definitely needed to keep practicing. She didn't specify whether she was talking about my shooting or my lying. LOL!

Now there's something to ponder!
Nice. I figure if I say to myself "I'm aiming for the logo on the coffee cup on the sink" (or something like that) and hit it, I'm doing something right....

I've found Mantis Laser Academy alongside their other stuff to be pretty good. They got different target options to do different drills with.

Back