testtest

Installed mounting plate that came with myProdigy

Addison3

Operator
Today I installed the mounting plate that came with my Prodigy 4.25" and a new Hex Dragonfly. Everything went smoothly then noticed
a small gap that was between the plate and the frame which continued under the rear sight.
The plate lays flush with the frame most of the way and is tight. As for the Hex Dragonfly , it sits completely flush with the plate and is also
tight.
I don't think this should be an issue but wanted to run this past members of the forum to get your take.
IMG_0140.jpeg

Today I installed the mounting plate that came with my Prodigy 4.25" and a new Hex Dragonfly. Everything went smoothly then noticed
a small gap that was between the plate and the frame which continued under the rear sight.
The plate lays flush with the frame most of the way and is tight. As for the Hex Dragonfly , it sits completely flush with the plate and is also
tight.
I don't think this should be an issue but wanted to run this past members of the forum to get your take.View attachment 31264
Hmm. I don't think it looks right to me.

When the rear sight is on it how does it look?
Before removing the factory installed plate, everything sat perfectly flat. No gaps what so ever. As you can see the Hex Dragonfly also makes 100% contact the plate underneath it.
Before putting the mounting plate on, I completely cleaned both surfaces and before screwing it down I wiggled it to be sure it was over the posts.

Guys, this was bothering me to the point I couldn't sleep and just had to try and figure out what went wrong.
I removed the Dragonfly did some measuring and even though the screws that held the optic to the plate didn't protrude beyond the plate, I decided to shorten them a bit more.
End result looks like the gap is now gone and no longer a problem.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in. You'r a great group.

You answered your own question. The manual clearly states to check that the screws don’t protrude below the plate. The problem is that when you stick the optic an the plates and put the screws in to have a look you do not torque the screws down the same way as when the plate and optic are mounted to the slide. My Viper screws were to long even at initial inspection so I filed them down to size.

Still why would the dovetail have that much clearance? Even if the screws were just a little long the dovetail shouldn't have a gap like that! or ? Is it so the plate R/I easily? Why would you want that much flex/bounce/jump as the slide reciprocates? I thought I watched a vid on how the R/I of the plate goes.

You answered your own question. The manual clearly states to check that the screws don’t protrude below the plate. The problem is that when you stick the optic an the plates and put the screws in to have a look you do not torque the screws down the same way as when the plate and optic are mounted to the slide. My Viper screws were to long even at initial inspection so I filed them down to size.
That seems to be exactly what happened. I should have taken a little more the first time and not have had this happen. As you said I wasn't thinking of what would happen once I torqued the screws. Lesson learned!

Still why would the dovetail have that much clearance? Even if the screws were just a little long the dovetail shouldn't have a gap like that! or ? Is it so the plate R/I easily? Why would you want that much flex/bounce/jump as the slide reciprocates? I thought I watched a vid on how the R/I of the plate goes.
The dovetail sight is built into the optic plate, and apparently even though I shorted the screws I figured as long as they did not protrude from the bottom I was good to go.

Back