testtest

🤦‍♂️🚨Scam Websites🚨🤦‍♂️

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
I just purchased 2 Mini-14 mags from Buds gun shop online and I got 250 free bids to e-gunners penny auction. I logged into the site to see what this is about and I noticed that the bid clock keeps resetting to 14 seconds before it hits 5 seconds left on auctions that are ending. I've also checked out the regular auction site and noticed a lot of the guns have a current bid exceeding prices you can buy the gun for without the auction from Buds regular website.

The whole thing seems fishy to me.

What are your thoughts or experience with this site? Have you ever won an auction and got a bargain or was it a waste of time and money?

Last edited:
I just purchased 2 Mini-14 mags from Buds gun shop online and I got 250 free bids to e-gunners penny auction. I logged into the site to see what this is about and I noticed that the bid clock keeps resetting to 14 seconds before it hits 5 seconds left on auctions that are ending. I've also checked out the regular auction site and noticed a lot of the guns have a current bid exceeding prices you can buy the gun for without the auction from Buds regular website.

The whole thing seems fishy to me.

What are your thoughts or experience with this site? Have you ever won an auction and got a bargain or was it a waste of time and money?
It sure seems like it. I gave it a try on my first Buds order. I haven't messed with it since.

They try and rope people in with the free bid tokens and then you need to buy more after they are gone. Spending money on bids and if for some reason you eventually win an auction the price is pretty much full retail so you end up spending a lot more then you normally would. I would definitely recommend staying away from this crap!

Buds makes money off of the bid packs, the bids themselves, plus the final cost of the winning bid which can potentially pay for the item a few times over so the only winner ends up being Buds.
Screenshot_20200221-101301_Firefox.jpg

If I'm understanding this incorrectly feel free to speak up!
I don't want to spread false information this is just my understanding.

They try and rope people in with the free bid tokens and then you need to buy more after they are gone. Spending money on bids and if for some reason you eventually win an auction the price is pretty much full retail so you end up spending a lot more then you normally would. I would definitely recommend staying away from this crap!

Buds makes money off of the bid packs, the bids themselves, plus the final cost of the winning bid which can potentially pay for the item a few times over so the only winner ends up being Buds.
View attachment 2290

If I'm understanding this incorrectly feel free to speak up!
I don't want to spread false information this is just my understanding.
It sounds like you've hit the nail on the head. I won't be trying these auctions any time soon.

I bought some mags from Buds and got the "free" bids to the penny auction. I just ignored it. 1). I'm not really familiar with the "bidding" process in general (including e-bay), and 2). I was involved in a penny stock scam, and stay away from "penny" anything. I was talking to a guy at one of the local gun shows I sometimes buy WWII era firearms from, and he suggested I go the auction route for better prices. He explained that's how he buy's them, marks em up a bit, and resells them for a small profit. His prices didn't seem much higher than a place like Sarco's, so I didn't feel his prices were too high, and the guns seemed in good condition. Now I'm not sure which auction house he was referring too. Was it E-Gunner, or some other? I'm not at all familiar with what's out there, but if there was a honest auction house out there, I might try it for these type firearms.

If a person was going to play this penny auction bid thing , the only way to do it would be to set a certain amount you are willing to loose and go no higher.

I do the same thing on ebay. If they have something I am interested in , I will decide how much I am willing to give for it and go no higher then that .

With that said , when it comes to firearms , I don't buy anything I haven't put my hands on to see how I like it. I also like to support the local gun dealers and I don't mean the big stores like wal-mart and that type. Here in Illinois we now have about half of the dealers we used to have thanks to or wonderful politicians.

If a person was going to play this penny auction bid thing , the only way to do it would be to set a certain amount you are willing to loose and go no higher.

I do the same thing on ebay. If they have something I am interested in , I will decide how much I am willing to give for it and go no higher then that .

With that said , when it comes to firearms , I don't buy anything I haven't put my hands on to see how I like it. I also like to support the local gun dealers and I don't mean the big stores like wal-mart and that type. Here in Illinois we now have about half of the dealers we used to have thanks to or wonderful politicians.
Unfortunately when you bid you lose what you bid.

So I attempted to purchase a rifle from Egnunner.com that ended up being a scam. I won a bid for a rifle and paid the seller the 830.00 and the next day when it came to delivering the item the seller attempted to get more money out of me which at this point I called there bluff and reported the activity. I called my bank the FTC BBB and Buds. Buds pretty much told me im ****ed and good luck. I am telling anyone who is considering buying from Egunner STAY AWAY!!!

Your best resource to get your money back is your bank, financial institutions that have a good history with you will work hard for you. This is why online sales of anything is a customer beware situation. When ever I think about dealing with an online company for the first time is Google the company and look for reviews from past customer interactions. If anything looks hinky I move on. I’ve sold guns but in the end it’s a face to face transaction that ends in an exchange involving cash. My guess is you’ll probably get your money back it just might take awhile. Good luck.

Back