testtest

Is Full Auto Useful for Home Defense

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
I'm posting this video/article more as an add on to Annihilator's HK Grey Room Parts 1 and 2 threads (much to HansGruber's delight). I don't believe the two reviewers that made/authored this were 100% serious, but they did try to seriously "test" what it might be like. I would love to have a Full Auto HK MP5 (no, not for Home defense ;)), and I'm sure Hans was lurking nearby when they made this video :sneaky:😄

Yes a full auto will put out a lot of rounds in a short period of time. Accuracy with full auto takes a lot of practice. Just remember you are responsible for each round you fire. I would definitely not recommend full auto for home defense.
Agreed, I think they mention that in the video. I think it was more of a "how would it work" kind of exercise and not seriously recommending the practice.

There would have to be zombies coming through the doors and climbing in through the windows before I'd even consider using a machine gun. Keep in mind that even less desirable models go for big bucks. In today's political climate I doubt you'd ever see it again once the authorities got a hold of it. You'd probably spend more in legal fees to try to get it back than you spent to buy it. And if you did manage to get it back chances are it would be worse for the wear and you'd end up with an expensive paper weight. My moto is never use a $30,000 gun when a cheap 870 will do.:)

I got a tough choice on guns here now...which one should I use...

This one......

1595464732114.jpeg

Or this one.......

1595464932197.gif

Full, absolutely FULL auto? No, probably not.

But 3 or 5 round burst could be right handy, in the right platform.

I keep looking at binary triggers...may have to get one.
Yeah, I believe they were loading for 5 round bursts in the video, and how they could control that while maintaining accuracy. I'm with you on the binary triggers Hans, I think I'll need to act before the ATF gets their marching orders and then rules negatively on them. :mad: (such as the Bump-stocks which were first declared legal, and then not).

We did a full auto one day at the range. A doctor who was a shooter had three. Not very accurate and the ammo went FAST. That said you don't have to shoot full auto full auto. Single shoot or three shot burst is available. I love the H&K MP5 but $28,000 is out of my gun budget not to mention if you have a class 3 weapon you give the BATF automatic permission to stop by unannounced anytime to check your weapon.

We did a full auto one day at the range. A doctor who was a shooter had three. Not very accurate and the ammo went FAST. That said you don't have to shoot full auto full auto. Single shoot or three shot burst is available. I love the H&K MP5 but $28,000 is out of my gun budget not to mention if you have a class 3 weapon you give the BATF automatic permission to stop by unannounced anytime to check your weapon.

There are ways to work around the "inspection process". Ours are owned by a trust based out of Tennessee and stored in a secure building in that state that I own. That was in all the initial documentation and BATF is OK with it.

Back