testtest

Issues With New Saint Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new AR 15 Saint pistol with less that 500 rounds fired. It has suddenly started failing to load the next cartridge. The gun fires, the casing ejects, and the gun is cocked however, no shell has been loaded. I have not adjusted the gas tube. It is not an issue of the gun being dirty because I clean it. Any ideas? And, by the way, I am a novice. I will just say that now and get it out of the way ;)

I have a new AR 15 Saint pistol with less that 500 rounds fired. It has suddenly started failing to load the next cartridge. The gun fires, the casing ejects, and the gun is cocked however, no shell has been loaded. I have not adjusted the gas tube. It is not an issue of the gun being dirty because I clean it. Any ideas? And, by the way, I am a novice. I will just say that now and get it out of the way ;)
Open up the gas valve one click until it loads, that should fix your issue. Also keep in mind the heavier grain bullet will not give you the same gas pressure as a lighter grain. I found that out when I had my Saint Victor in 300BO that gun wouldn’t cycle at all subsonic but the light super sonic was flawless.

Thanks Keystone1925. I will give that a try. I have been getting ammo from various places over the last few months. Based on what you said, it may be a different grain bullet than what I have been shooting before.
Exactly. I should have mentioned my AR Saint Victor in 300 BO was also a pistol and the shorter barrel makes it tough with heavier grain rounds unless you give the BCG more pressure to cycle completely to load the next round.
the 5.56 round will be easier to control with adjusting the gas block.

It does have an adjustable gas block.
I have finally had time to try and adjust this. I was expecting a set screw. If I put the T wrench in the hole looking for a place to set it, there nothing there for it to fit into.
20210426_163315.jpg

I have finally had time to try and adjust this. I was expecting a set screw. If I put the T wrench in the hole looking for a place to set it, there nothing there for it to fit into.
I would suggest you call Springfield Armory, give them your serial number and ask them if the gas block on your AR Pistol was built with an adjustable gas block. According to there website it should have been. If they say yes then you are missing the adjustment set screw. If they say no then this is another example of Springfield changing out there builds based on availability of parts. I owned a SA Victor Pistol in 300BO And it had an adjustable gas block. A friend has one in 5.56 and it also has an adjustable GB.

I called. Yes, it is supposed to have an adjustable gas block. So, I am going to have to pack this thing up and send it back. Like I said earlier, I am a complete novice when it comes to this AR business. This is the first one I have ever owned. Very frustrating for a newbie except for the help of people who have a clue :)

Thanks to all who have responded, especially Keystone 19250...

I will post an update when available, just for the record...

I called. Yes, it is supposed to have an adjustable gas block. So, I am going to have to pack this thing up and send it back. Like I said earlier, I am a complete novice when it comes to this AR business. This is the first one I have ever owned. Very frustrating for a newbie except for the help of people who have a clue :)

My take on this is it does not need to go back but that’s your decision. All you need are the set screws that thread into the gas block, they should send you those, you can install them easily. Here’s something to think about, if they sent you the T- Handle then it should have had set screws to adjust.

I also have a Saint Victor 300 Blackout Pistol that does have an adjustable Gas Block. I opened a thread for another forum member that had a question posted under his profile. Both @KillerFord1977 and @Keystone19250 were kind enough, and very helpful in educating me and the other member, on what could be done with the GB adjustments to correct the problem (at least in the thread I posted). Killerford1977 even included the image from the Saint Victor user manual that goes into detail on the adjustable Gas Block. I figured I'd post this link in the off chance it may be related and could potential assist in this thread discussion as well.

Buried set screws as far as size goes can be a real pita when can't see too well down in wells. - Using oversized or undersized wrenches usually spin inside or out side of set screws yielding varied results like "OH DARN" and....?
Check and verify correct size wrench is used for set screw. If don't know, finding out is best...Yes, I learned hard way.

My take on this is it does not need to go back but that’s your decision. All you need are the set screws that thread into the gas block, they should send you those, you can install them easily. Here’s something to think about, if they sent you the T- Handle then it should have had set

I will post an update when available, just for the record.

There should be a T handle in the owners manual, warranty plastic bag that came with your gun. Hard to see it. If you didnt dig out your warranty card, I bet its tucked in the folds with the card . Its a very thin, long T handle. Hides quite easily

Sorry late to the party , I looked at your pic and it looks like your set screw is missing .
I got the Saint Victor .308 rifle And had the same issues as you , Fire wouldn't cycle the BCG and load next round , tried different grain ammo still same problem . Got home and checked the the gas block to change out the adjustment screw and it was missing , looked up the size , I think they are 3/32 , went to Home depot bought two screws for .60 cents . Put one in and worked perfect . Called Springfield and said their Quality missed this . i wasn't really happy at this time. But they sent me new set screws and such . No problems ever again . So your not alone with this issue ..Good luck .

My take on this is it does not need to go back but that’s your decision. All you need are the set screws that thread into the gas block, they should send you those, you can install them easily. Here’s something to think about, if they sent you the T- Handle then it should have had set screws to adjust.
They did send the T-handle and, I don't want to send it back. Thanks for the advice on this. I mean, I have a scope on it, zeroed in, I don't want to send it back.

Sorry late to the party , I looked at your pic and it looks like your set screw is missing .
I got the Saint Victor .308 rifle And had the same issues as you , Fire wouldn't cycle the BCG and load next round , tried different grain ammo still same problem . Got home and checked the the gas block to change out the adjustment screw and it was missing , looked up the size , I think they are 3/32 , went to Home depot bought two screws for .60 cents . Put one in and worked perfect . Called Springfield and said their Quality missed this . i wasn't really happy at this time. But they sent me new set screws and such . No problems ever again . So your not alone with this issue ..Good luck .
Thanks for your input on this. I am not going to send it back. Ignorant as I am concerning this type of gun, even I thought something was missing here. I can put a screw in and I will do it myself.

Thanks for your input on this. I am not going to send it back. Ignorant as I am concerning this type of gun, even I thought something was missing here. I can put a screw in and I will do it myself.
You don’t sound ignorant at all, you’re just new to the AR platform so doing things on your own is how you learn. If you are unsure about something ask on the forum we are ALL here to help.
No one will steer you wrong.

You don’t sound ignorant at all, you’re just new to the AR platform so doing things on your own is how you learn. If you are unsure about something ask on the forum we are ALL here to help.
No one will steer you wrong.
Am glad you got on top of situation. Hope it's figured out for the best too.
....However, some of us, they, we, and me may steer you a bit off course on chicken ranching sometimes? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back