testtest

It looks like Bushmaster and DPMS are done for.

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
I dunno what exactly to believe in the article. It wrongly states Colts reasons for temporarily suspending production. It isn’t because of sales alone, but contracts as well as as a saturated market driving prices and Overall quality down.

Thats a shame for bushmaster. I guess that means the ACR is a goner, and I will likely not buy one now.

But man, they’ve changed hands so many times its hard to say exactly what the root cause is.

Remington shut down their websites.

Well they are being sued by the Sandy Hook families, etc. could be another Colt deal. Maybe when the dust clears & the market is back for those brands, they’ll start making/selling again My first AR was a Bushmaster XM15 ORC. Sad 😢

If I remember right, didn’t Remington have some financial problems awhile back like Colt did earlier last year?
I’m not sure but won’t be surprised, I hear a lot of negative comments about their customer service, and their financial situation is bound to be worse due to all the legal suits come at them. Federal law prohibits gun manufacturers from being sued, yet liberal Judges in Connecticut have upheld the suit going forward. It’s like Ford Motor being sued because some nut could run down a bunch of people deliberately. Madnesses pure and simple.

Well I'm glad I was able to pick up my DPMS Oracle LR308 last year. I dont know if I'd have been able to get an inexpensive AR-10 now that DMPS is smoked.

DPMS .308 AR-10 Oracle flat top small.png

Ok, let’s count, Colt, Remington......who will be next to quit manufacturing the infamous black rifle, still say it’s beginning to sound like Australia.....

I guess if the government can‘t ban weapons, they will just put them out of business or change the way manufacturers get financed.
Before the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)" was passed in 2005, Gun Manufacturers could be sued if their products were used in a crime. After passage, they can still be sued for defective product and such, but not if their product was used in commission of a crime. Prior to 2005, some politicians, made statements such as "they will suffer death by a thousand cuts", referring to firearms manufacturers and the suits brought upon them. So yes, this was one of their ploys to rid firearms from law abiding citizens (if no one is making guns, nobody can buy guns). Next came Obama and his ban on green tip ammunition that failed. His reasoning was to the effect "if there's no ammunition, the gun will be rendered useless". So your statement is correct. A tyrannical government will continue to seek ways to disarm the "American free Militias", by any method that will achieve their objective.

Before the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA)" was passed in 2005, Gun Manufacturers could be sued if their products were used in a crime. After passage, they can still be sued for defective product and such, but not if their product was used in commission of a crime. Prior to 2005, some politicians, made statements such as "they will suffer death by a thousand cuts", referring to firearms manufacturers and the suits brought upon them. So yes, this was one of their ploys to rid firearms from law abiding citizens (if no one is making guns, nobody can buy guns). Next came Obama and his ban on green tip ammunition that failed. His reasoning was to the effect "if there's no ammunition, the gun will be rendered useless". So your statement is correct. A tyrannical government will continue to seek ways to disarm the "American free Militias", by any method that will achieve their objective.
This is how the Gov't keeps from getting sued or even being liable. How is it the manufacturer's fault that a gun is used in a crime when the ATF approves the sale. Hummm! Isn't that the Government's fault, so sue them instead! Here's another take on a crime! A LEO kills an innocent person, so that's a crime and the City/County gets sued so why not the Gov't? It's follow the money trail!

Remington says the want to "focus" on their outdoor brands, colt wanted to "focus" on their contract sales, Vista wanted to "focus" on their non-firearm brands when they sold off savage, AOBC is spinning off Smith and Wesson for the same reasons. Read the PRs, they all say the same thing. The big money from private equity, banks, and the packaging and selling of companies is scared off because the uncertainly of the future of gun rights and the subsequent effect on the market. These conglomerates are turning their backs on the gun owners and have ruined some of the most iconic names in firearms in search of growth and profit.

When companies are turning down gun sales to make themselves more attractive to investors it's a canary in a coal mine for the gun market. It means the banks think the tides are turning and if investors and banks don't finance gun companies you're gonna see massive changes.

Back