testtest

It’s Done And What A Deal I Got

I started out my day off with a trip to the dentist at 8am to have a broken tooth fit for a crown.
Following that it was off to physical therapy to get some help with my right leg, I found out my right pelvis has twisted out of alignment causing pinched nerves and poor blood flow to my upper outer thigh resulting in a burning tingling pain from my upper thigh to above my knee. After therapy and given exercises to do at home I left feeling positive about continuing relief from pain. The third stop was at a local tire shop to have them check on something I found sticking into the rear drivers side tire on my truck which ended up being a very small screw, no leak after removal.
The final stop of my day was the local LGS I found last year just a few miles from my apartment, what was with me was my M1A and everything I had related to that rifle.
When I opened the soft case the LGS’s owners eyes went wide and a big smile spread across his face. We talked about what I decided to do and why and how much I wanted for the gun. He looked everything over and gave me what I thought was a fair price, I said sold.
To help him out I picked up another Taurus revolver chambered in just 38special for my lady.
9E5B71B6-2FBD-48AF-9DD1-746826BEAA25.jpeg

It’s a beautiful little gun and I really like the black laminate grip.

All in all a great day.

I started out my day off with a trip to the dentist at 8am to have a broken tooth fit for a crown.
Following that it was off to physical therapy to get some help with my right leg, I found out my right pelvis has twisted out of alignment causing pinched nerves and poor blood flow to my upper outer thigh resulting in a burning tingling pain from my upper thigh to above my knee. After therapy and given exercises to do at home I left feeling positive about continuing relief from pain. The third stop was at a local tire shop to have them check on something I found sticking into the rear drivers side tire on my truck which ended up being a very small screw, no leak after removal.
The final stop of my day was the local LGS I found last year just a few miles from my apartment, what was with me was my M1A and everything I had related to that rifle.
When I opened the soft case the LGS’s owners eyes went wide and a big smile spread across his face. We talked about what I decided to do and why and how much I wanted for the gun. He looked everything over and gave me what I thought was a fair price, I said sold.
To help him out I picked up another Taurus revolver chambered in just 38special for my lady.
View attachment 37877
It’s a beautiful little gun and I really like the black laminate grip.

All in all a great day.
What are the grips made of?

Nice revolver, but I don’t think I would have gotten rid of my M1A, but as long as you’re happy with the deal. Taurus came out with this neat looking revolver sometime after Colt released this variant of the Cobra, the Taurus has a longer barrel, and somewhat more aggressive grips, which I like.
BECBF366-5B80-4B50-B606-B49CDC2E95C4.jpeg
The Colt Cobra, notice the smooth grips, the ones on the Taurus are in my opinion a better choice, especially in warmer weather

Nice revolver, but I don’t think I would have gotten rid of my M1A, but as long as you’re happy with the deal. Taurus came out with this neat looking revolver sometime after Colt released this variant of the Cobra, the Taurus has a longer barrel, and somewhat more aggressive grips, which I like.
View attachment 37888
The Colt Cobra, notice the smooth grips, the ones on the Taurus are in my opinion a better choice, especially in warmer weather
Selling the M1A was not an easy decision, although I’ve always said I have no regrets on making changes in my firearm collection and this decision was based solely on my ability to shoot the rifle without experiencing pain in my shoulder which was intense and debilitating. The last time I shot that gun I couldn’t move my right arm for two days without extreme pain in my shoulder. Basically quality of life over owning something I shoot holes in paper at long distances.
Although a sad outcome It’s all good.

I showed the Taurus to my lady last night and she is excited to hit the range with it. The grip fits her small hand perfectly and has a great aggressive but comfortable texture which I believe will help her control the gun.

Last edited:
Congrats !
Sweet looking ride
New gun day is a GREAT day !!!
View attachment 37881

Maybe your lady returned the favor in kind today 😝😜🕺🕺
Thanks, she’s a great lady so I’m happy to see her happy.
She’s tried so many times to shoot my semi auto’s but they are to heavy for her to comfortably control.
She did shoot my Taurus 605M loaded with 38S and did very well but I keep it loaded with 357 Magnum rounds which she refused to try after watching me shoot it with that round.
When I first took her to the range she would get upset with herself for not hitting the bullseye until I put a bullseye target over the chest area on a silhouette target of a person and showed her center mass hits are more important than precision.

So after taking a deeper dive into the box the gun came in I found it included a second rubber grip……
I’m going to keep the wood grip on the gun.
D26DC980-7474-4071-8555-5840FD41DD92.jpeg

It also looks like I have the basic 856 model which is SA/DA
Although I do prefer all black guns the two tone finish on this one is well done with a black cylinder, hammer and cylinder release and Matt grey frame and barrel.
The black/grey laminate wood grip gives the gun a classic look.

As an edit to my post on finding the rubber grip in the box I’ve been reading reviews on the gun and learned I have the 3 inch barreled (Defender Series 856)
with a tritium front sight, as I sit here in the dark it’s not seriously bright but a soft greenish dot.
I’m getting more impressed about this gun the more I learn about it. 😎
At $395 yesterday’s good day just keeps getting better.

As an edit to my post on finding the rubber grip in the box I’ve been reading reviews on the gun and learned I have the 3 inch barreled (Defender Series 856)
with a tritium front sight, as I sit here in the dark it’s not seriously bright but a soft greenish dot.
Be careful what you do in the dark….😬😬

You/she are going to love how it shoots! Very easy to get accurate and really, really fun!! Congrats

Back