testtest

It's Easier to Blame the Gun

HayesGreener

Hellcat
Society has become so numbed to shootings that it has almost become a norm and the justice system does not deal harshly with offenders as it should. When you put a violent offender who had a gun away in prison, he stops shooting, simple as that. I am not talking about deterrence here, I am talking about taking violent offenders out of the herd so they can cause no harm out among our friends and families.

Notwithstanding shooting rampages by lone wolves with mental health issues, the larger problem we are facing today is that so much of the gun violence is committed by and within a violent subculture. There are segments of society with values where violence is the default means of resolving differences. Just look at who is shooting who in the big cities and it is evident. Until we are ready to face the realities of this violent subculture, shootings will continue to spiral out of control. Holding individuals responsible for their behavior is hard. It is so much easier to blame an inanimate object, the gun. The media are cowards for not laying this bare for all of us to see.

it's what sells, advertising time, or more newspapers, or viewership.

like when as a former trucker, i'd hear on the tv or radio, "big truck crash, video at 11PM"

only to see, it as not an 18 wheeler, like what i drove, but a pick up truck, pulling a landscaping trailer.

saying something like, "another shooting", or "gun shots near a school", conjures up an immediate dislike for guns from the viewers.

it's "pre-planted" over and over again.

It also further distances people from the basic ideas of a productive and peaceful society.
Basic ideas like , ownership, accountability and personal responsibility. It further indoctrinates a “victim” mentality, which if you have been paying attention is the lefts strategy for staying in power. Everyone is some sort of victim.

Last edited:
Society has become so numbed to shootings that it has almost become a norm and the justice system does not deal harshly with offenders as it should. When you put a violent offender who had a gun away in prison, he stops shooting, simple as that. I am not talking about deterrence here, I am talking about taking violent offenders out of the herd so they can cause no harm out among our friends and families.

Notwithstanding shooting rampages by lone wolves with mental health issues, the larger problem we are facing today is that so much of the gun violence is committed by and within a violent subculture. There are segments of society with values where violence is the default means of resolving differences. Just look at who is shooting who in the big cities and it is evident. Until we are ready to face the realities of this violent subculture, shootings will continue to spiral out of control. Holding individuals responsible for their behavior is hard. It is so much easier to blame an inanimate object, the gun. The media are cowards for not laying this bare for all of us to see.
Very well stated.

The only thing I will disagree with is your statement that
“society (has) become numb” to shootings. Society has been numb to all kinds of violence for decades however gun violence is taking the lives of children now more then ever and people are taking notice and outraged and rightly so. Everything else in your post I whole heartedly agree with.
Violent offenders who take the life of an innocent individual must be dealt with swiftly and severely.
I say bring back or strengthen the federal death penalty based on the fact if a criminal takes the life of an innocent person especially a child then that is a civil liberties crime besides being murder. All lives matter.

Very well said.
I too do not know if we have become numb to it however.
The thing is, these people have no respect for anything and that includes human life. Well and maybe their car, they can live in a **** hole, but have $8000 rims and tires. But they only respect their own car, because they will steal yours.
This is the same thing at the border. Those people do not respect our laws and procedures.
NOW if you really want to fix these things, you first have to admit there is a problem and what that problem is. I am telling you, it almost all comes down to lack of respect. Once lack of respect takes hold, it spreads into other things. Lack of respect for the law. Lack of respect for the police. Lack of respect for other people's property. Lack of respect for women. It spreads. So either we do something about it, or it will continue to get worse, there is no option C.
What is the first lesson of handling or owning a fire arm? Respect. In a culture that respects hardly anything, how can you expect them to respect a fire arm?

Last edited:
Then there is the argument that we need to tighten the gun laws, but the shooter in yesterday's San Jose incident was both unstable and lived in CA which has the most onerous laws in the country. He had previously threatened a shooting rampage. Nobody did anything.

You can't pass laws that control law-breakers or crazy people!

I don't see our culture of violence changing any time soon and gun control isn't the answer. Perhaps it's time for laws to be passed allowing citizens to open carry anywhere and everywhere.
i remember my late dad, when he'd see news stories on the tv, or in the newspapers, about all the crime, back then. he used to say, "i see a day when we will go back to the old west days, and everyone has a gun at his side".

i see a day, of that coming myself. and maybe it's about darned time it did too.

i cannot imagine a jerkweed challenging anyone.

Back in post #1, HaysGreener said this: "Until we are ready to face the realities of this violent subculture, shootings will continue to spiral out of control. Holding individuals responsible for their behavior is hard. It is so much easier to blame an inanimate object, the gun. The media are cowards for not laying this bare for all of us to see."

Boys and girls, it's hard to say it any better or clearer !!! Keep in mind that come 2022 elections, we will have a good opportunity to face these realities by retaking the house and the senate .... overwhelmingly. Most of us know what kinds of elected officials are needed to get this country back in order, we just have to by-pass and overlook those BS promises we get from some of them and vote the right person in.

Back in post #1, HaysGreener said this: "Until we are ready to face the realities of this violent subculture, shootings will continue to spiral out of control. Holding individuals responsible for their behavior is hard. It is so much easier to blame an inanimate object, the gun. The media are cowards for not laying this bare for all of us to see."

Boys and girls, it's hard to say it any better or clearer !!! Keep in mind that come 2022 elections, we will have a good opportunity to face these realities by retaking the house and the senate .... overwhelmingly. Most of us know what kinds of elected officials are needed to get this country back in order, we just have to by-pass and overlook those BS promises we get from some of them and vote the right person in.

To me and again, I think almost all this, from burning, looting, statues, flags, fire arms, violence, theft, domestic abuse,........... comes down to lack of respect.
A concept that is lost on the left and that is much needed is "wait until your father gets home". The left wants to pander, coddle and baby these people. Poor them. When in reality they need a fathers tough love.
Jesus what are they giving them now a $12,000 dollar tax deduction for reproducing? Throw in welfare and they are making more than retired people who worked their butt's off building this country. It is to the point the rich and the poor are the only ones who can afford kids.
Again I think tough love is what is needed. We have to cut a bunch of social programs such as welfare and child tax credits. We have to stop rewarding bad behavior and use that money to bolster those who are trying and who have already done. I think it is a disgrace that these people live a better quality of life then those on social security or the veterans. I am not kidding that is disgusting. If you changed just that one thing, you would find that people would be more apt to join the military and or work their whole lives busting their butts to be able to retire nicely. People on social security or fixed income are getting hammered right now. They get like a 2% raise a year if they are lucky. I guess if these kids want to get a 40% raise on minimum wage, first they should give those who have already done and worked 40 years or served this country a 40% raise. Or is lack of respect for your elders and those who fought for your freedoms just another thing to add to the list? Reward the good. not the bad. Tough love.

Last edited:
Obsrvr makes a good point on respect. Thug culture has a twisted view of it respect. I have heard kids from the hood say you have to "earn" their respect. NO! You owe me respect until I do something to lose it. But in a culture where respect is earned from your willingness to break the law and kill, you are feeding the culture of violence. Many of the shootings in tbe hood after all are gang initiation rites or gang wars undertaken to gain "respect". Reminds you of the mob, huh?

Thugs are taught to NOT respect the law or police-it is at the heart of violent confrontations with police. How many of those police shootings would not have happened if there had been compliance?

I ask that you consider who taught you respect? Probably your father. If you disrespected your parents or teacher when you were a teen it probably didn't end well for you. If your parents didn't do a good job of it basc training would finish the job. So where are the fathers where the violence is happening? The cycle of violence cannot turn around without strong family ties and values.

Obsrvr makes a good point on respect. Thug culture has a twisted view of it respect. I have heard kids from the hood say you have to "earn" their respect. NO! You owe me respect until I do something to lose it. But in a culture where respect is earned from your willingness to break the law and kill, you are feeding the culture of violence. Many of the shootings in tbe hood after all are gang initiation rites or gang wars undertaken to gain "respect". Reminds you of the mob, huh?

Thugs are taught to NOT respect the law or police-it is at the heart of violent confrontations with police. How many of those police shootings would not have happened if there had been compliance?

I ask that you consider who taught you respect? Probably your father. If you disrespected your parents or teacher when you were a teen it probably didn't end well for you. If your parents didn't do a good job of it basc training would finish the job. So where are the fathers where the violence is happening? The cycle of violence cannot turn around without strong family ties and values.
Exact;y!!!!
It all starts there and at a very young age. Then it turns into an entitlement thing. Like you said "You need to respect me however my respect must be earned if you want it". That is not fair or a two way street!
The whole social programs thing needs redone. You need to reward those doing well. Reward those who have done well (people who have worked their whole lives and vets). That is how you get things to change. Show them that hey you too can if you ______. Instead they are being taught that having 6 kids, welfare, looting, burning and acting the fool pays far better then working hard your whole life and or serving your country.

Back