testtest

It's official...

So only Rebublican Sen. Collins voted against. I'm sure her tough Maine reelection effort may have a lot to do with that. It will be interesting how she fares in her reelection bid.
Maine has been going through a blue wave these past few years with tons on Massachusetts welfare recipients moving there to get free housing a lot easier because there's a long wait list in Massachusetts and it's almost instant in Maine.

It's pretty sad what's happening there.

So, I’ll ask the question again I posed awhile ago.
If the dems win, they have stated they will pack the supreme court to offset ACB if they win big in Senate/ House.
If the incumbent Party wins the Presidency, house and Senate, what is to keep the Republicans from using the Dem playbook against them and packing the court with more conservative judges ?

I know conservatives and true constitutionalists oppose this, and FDR failed to get it done when he had all 3 branches.

why not then try ? If Dems say its warranted why not add more judges if Repubs win ???

If the dems win, they have stated they will pack the supreme court to offset ACB if they win big in Senate/ House.
If the incumbent Party wins the Presidency, house and Senate, what is to keep the Republicans from using the Dem playbook against them and packing the court with more conservative judges ?

I know conservatives and true constitutionalists oppose this, and FDR failed to get it done when he had all 3 branches.

why not then try ? If Dems say its warranted why not add more judges if Repubs win ???
Dems say it’s warranted because they have just lost the chance to appoint and get confirmed a justice that would support there gun control agenda. Whether more judges can be added to the Supreme Court I’m not sure I know the answer to but it will take time and possibly years so the 2A would be somewhat secure for awhile.
My guess and opinion.

I think "packing the court" by either party, gets to the point of the two branches of government (Executive and Legislative), then relegating the third (Judaical, specifically SCOTUS) as just a political tool for that party, and not as a body that supposidly is to uphold the constitutional legalities of laws passed by Congress and signed by the President (as well as any of the other rulings and regulations that are passed down from States and other courts). The following, is an interesting article on the potential difficulties of packing the court and what it may lead to in other areas such as Gun restrictions, etc.

I think "packing the court" by either party, gets to the point of the two branches of government (Executive and Legislative), then relegating the third (Judaical, specifically SCOTUS) as just a political tool for that party, and not as a body that supposidly is to uphold the constitutional legalities of laws passed by Congress and signed by the President (as well as any of the other rulings and regulations that are passed down from States and other courts). The following, is an interesting article on the potential difficulties of packing the court and what it may lead to in other areas such as Gun restrictions, etc.

Agree. Im not for it, but its a legitimate question in the toxicity of the court the last 10 yrs

Back