testtest

Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel Projects

This thread is all about the projects I’m doing to make the RV ready for my retirement.
The RV was pre-wired for solar so I attached one 100watt solar panel to the roof which is keeping the RV’s 2 lead acid batteries at an operational level of 13.4volts.

The most recent and still in progress project…..

The RV has a frame mounted hitch with a 3000 pound towable rating and a 300 pound hitch weight. Although I won’t be towing anything behind the camper I’m using the hitch for a hitch mounted cargo carrier. “Basket”

IMG_4766.jpeg

The basket will hold the Champion Inverter/Generator which is rated at 4250/3500watts and pushes 30amps to run the lights, entertainment CTR and the AC unit. Most everything else runs on 12volts including the refrigerator.
The RV is set up to run on 50amp shore power but the Generator will be perfect when no shore power is available when boondocking.
IMG_4866.jpeg

This is an open frame Generator and with the Inverter built in it is susceptible to damage from water so I installed a 3/4 inch sheet of plywood on the base of the basket to prevent water from splashing up into the generator during travel.
I then picked up 1 inch PVC pipe and fittings and made a “cage” to support a vinyl cover I’m in the process of sewing together to fit over the cage.

25610A05-7A20-4C0A-981E-6C7C4206192C.jpeg

The tote is screwed down to the wood and will be used to hold my power tools.
More to come………

This thread is all about the projects I’m doing to make the RV ready for my retirement.
The RV was pre-wired for solar so I attached one 100watt solar panel to the roof which is keeping the RV’s 2 lead acid batteries at an operational level of 13.4volts.

The most recent and still in progress project…..

The RV has a frame mounted hitch with a 3000 pound towable rating and a 300 pound hitch weight. Although I won’t be towing anything behind the camper I’m using the hitch for a hitch mounted cargo carrier. “Basket”

View attachment 48433
The basket will hold the Champion Inverter/Generator which is rated at 4250/3500watts and pushes 30amps to run the lights, entertainment CTR and the AC unit. Most everything else runs on 12volts including the refrigerator.
The RV is set up to run on 50amp shore power but the Generator will be perfect when no shore power is available when boondocking. View attachment 48435
This is an open frame Generator and with the Inverter built in it is susceptible to damage from water so I installed a 3/4 inch sheet of plywood on the base of the basket to prevent water from splashing up into the generator during travel.
I then picked up 1 inch PVC pipe and fittings and made a “cage” to support a vinyl cover I’m in the process of sewing together to fit over the cage.

View attachment 48436
The tote is screwed down to the wood and will be used to hold my power tools.
More to come………
Seriously, I hope you have a great retirement, looks like your going to enjoy yourself in your new 5th wheel, looks great, just be safe out there goose!

Another simple project was to create a shelf in the front storage area, the lower section is where the camper 50amp shore cord will be stored during traveling as well as other electrical cords and electrical equipment for running electricity to camper equipment.
IMG_4806.jpeg

The tools currently on the top shelf will go in the tote(s) on the rear cargo carrier next to the generator.
The bottom right of the picture you can see one of the 12V Interstate camper batteries, the second is behind the front one and joined together in parallel.

Back