testtest

Just my thoughts

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Just my thoughts on this, it seems like gun manufacturers when they make a new variation of an already established gun, they make a big woohaa over it, Sig has done it with the 365, and I see Springfield has done it now with the Hellcat Pro, Taurus and others do also. I know they have to do things like this for sales, but come up with a new gun or something, not something that exits just by putting a different red dot or naming a gun a Spector. With Sig right now, how many variations of the 365 or 320 do we need…….. ok done ranting now.

Just my thoughts on this, it seems like gun manufacturers when they make a new variation of an already established gun, they make a big woohaa over it, Sig has done it with the 365, and I see Springfield has done it now with the Hellcat Pro, Taurus and others do also. I know they have to do things like this for sales, but come up with a new gun or something, not something that exits just by putting a different red dot or naming a gun a Spector. With Sig right now, how many variations of the 365 or 320 do we need…….. ok done ranting now.
How many generations of Glocks do we need?;)

I get where you’re coming from, though. Why gun companies need to act like releasing a new color, or different grip texture is a big deal, is beyond me.

As much as this place is populated by people like us who are just always buying guns, I think the vast majority of gun owners aren't like us. Most of them have a pistol or two, a shotgun, a deer rifle and maybe an AR. Then they stop. Unless something new and flashy catches their eye.

I think the new Shield Plus is a wholly different gun and worthy of a little advertising.

As much as this place is populated by people like us who are just always buying guns, I think the vast majority of gun owners aren't like us. Most of them have a pistol or two, a shotgun, a deer rifle and maybe an AR. Then they stop. Unless something new and flashy catches their eye.

I think the new Shield Plus is a wholly different gun and worthy of a little advertising.
At least S&W is coming up with a new type of Shield, it’s not the same model with a new fancy feature, really like the all metal M&P

All manufacturers do it. Me going to the dealer for parts for my truck:
Salesman: Hello sir, are you here for a new vehicle?
Me: No, I am here to get parts for my truck.
Salesman: What year is your truck?
Me: 2005.
Salesman: Well sir, have you seen the all new 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Night Runner?
Me: No, I am here for parts for my truck, thank you.
Salesman: But sir, you need to see it! It is new and improved!
Me: Okay, show me.
Salesman: Here it is! So, what can I do to get you in this?
Me: It looks no different than mine.
Salesman: But it IS! See? Brand new, redesigned GRILL!
Me; So what? I like mine just fine, thank you.
Salesman: But sir, this also has a new and IMPROVED...............DOOR HANDLE!
Me: Whoop De effin Do!
Salesman: This is better than your old truck.
Me: No it isn't.
Salesman: And what makes your truck so special?
Me: Mine is PAID FOR.
Salesman:............Oh.
Sales departments are the same at every single manufacturer in the world.

All manufacturers do it. Me going to the dealer for parts for my truck:
Salesman: Hello sir, are you here for a new vehicle?
Me: No, I am here to get parts for my truck.
Salesman: What year is your truck?
Me: 2005.
Salesman: Well sir, have you seen the all new 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Night Runner?
Me: No, I am here for parts for my truck, thank you.
Salesman: But sir, you need to see it! It is new and improved!
Me: Okay, show me.
Salesman: Here it is! So, what can I do to get you in this?
Me: It looks no different than mine.
Salesman: But it IS! See? Brand new, redesigned GRILL!
Me; So what? I like mine just fine, thank you.
Salesman: But sir, this also has a new and IMPROVED...............DOOR HANDLE!
Me: Whoop De effin Do!
Salesman: This is better than your old truck.
Me: No it isn't.
Salesman: And what makes your truck so special?
Me: Mine is PAID FOR.
Salesman:............Oh.
Sales departments are the same at every single manufacturer in the world.
As a kid in the 50s some neighbor would show up with a shiny new version of last years technology and the Dads would ooh and ahh and we kids looked under the hood and saw last years wheezy motor, wimpy brakes, spindly suspension and skinny tires and thought "don't these guys follow racing?"

That's what happened to me on the 6.5creed. Good cartridge and caliber, but like the 260rem better (both are in AR's).

I’m with you.
Why do gun manufacturers “act” a certain way when the changes are minimal and probably deserve more of a wink and a nod?
The answer is simple.
EaSy MoNeY.

Attachments

• C5BE056A-F5C3-4919-9F7D-D5DC23793F45.gif
    C5BE056A-F5C3-4919-9F7D-D5DC23793F45.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
I am right with you on this. Sig seems to have thrown out most other models to put all their eggs into two pistols. They found a simple way to keep many happy, without any real investment in ingenuity. My guess it comes down to profit.
To be far, manufacturers have followed and will continue to do so any time they see success.

I am right with you on this. Sig seems to have thrown out most other models to put all their eggs into two pistols. They found a simple way to keep many happy, without any real investment in ingenuity. My guess it comes down to profit.
To be far, manufacturers have followed and will continue to do so any time they see success.
Sig continues to expand the P- Series line, the P210 carry, The Spear, The P322. The P320 line has more diversity in the product line than most manufacturers have in their entire output and the P365 is not just responsible for the variations of its own line, but you can thank the P365 for virtually other micro carry pistol on the market as all the other manufacturers desperately try to grab the crumbs from that market. If Sig is not innovating, then the rest of the market is practically stagnant.

Just my thoughts.

Back