testtest

Kinda Disappointed

Mountain Man

Elite
Founding Member
The Vortex Venom is a bit taller than I expected. I got a set of Trijicon tritium suppressor irons installed. Can't co witness. I'm a bit disappointed. I would like to be able to use irons incase the optic doesn't work when I need it most. It's a great optic. Hold zero well after 1000rnds 180grn .40.

Is there a shorter red dot with the same footprint out there?

Attachments

• 20200603_214643.jpg
    20200603_214643.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 1,057
I had the same problem so I returned it. The Shield SMS red dot is back in stock in the Springfield Armory store. And it fits and is smaller in thickness.

Consider looking at these.

size Shield smsc micro red dot Sight (Length x width x height) 42 x 25 x 23 mm 1.7 x 1.0 x 0.9 inches

Holosun 407 1.6x0.98x0.95

Holosun 507 1.6x0.98x0.95

Last edited:
Consider looking at these.

This is a perfect fit on the Hell Cat 9MM co-witnesses with U notch sights on the Hell Cat 9MM this is the recommended sight https://store.springfield-armory.com/Shop/pc/Shield-SMSc-Micro-Red-Dot-4-M-O-A-292p1954.htm

This is a perfect fit on the Hell Cat 9MM co-witnesses with U notch sights on the Hell Cat 9MM this is the recommended sight https://store.springfield-armory.com/Shop/pc/Shield-SMSc-Micro-Red-Dot-4-M-O-A-292p1954.htm
For a Hellcat I agree. But he has a full size .40
The shield red dot does not have the shake awake feature nor the solar panels like the Holosun's do. Plus the HS507K has a reticle similar to an EOTECH. In my opinion, a much better red dot than the Shield on a full size pistol.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been looking at the Holosun optics. The shake awake and solar module are awesome features.

I went and did some target practice with the new Irons. I installed them just right. Spot on and tight groupings.

So, with the red dot off, well let me start over. Did you measure the sights before you ordered? I would of, with that set up ran the red dot, with the white outline with my front sight, if it was tall enough. It’s set up like the viper and Leupold’s deltapoint, in a way, if you were to use it in place of your rear sight. Line the white line up with your front sight. I understand you can’t now with the rear sight installed.
If your wanting to swap if for another one get a Trijicon.

Back