testtest

Lawyer dies after his hidden gun goes off during MRI scan

rmc51

Master Class
A lawyer was accidentally shot by his own gun after he failed to remove it before going into hospital MRI scanning room.

Well, do I have to say it?
You can't fix stupid!!
1676095066036.gif

1676095151680.gif

I’ve spoken to my PCP in depth concerning my carrying of a firearm for self defense and he has told me he and his family also carries and enjoys the shooting sports however that being said I respect his decision to ask his patients to not carry in his medical facility.
I will also never carry in a hospital.
In regards to this guy in the article?
Tragic but avoidable.

on a personal note, i leave my carry gun either at home, or locked in the trunk, if i ever have to go to some sort of medical office.

i also do have at least 2 doctors that are into the sport/hobby of gun ownership, which frankly did surprise me.

but this guy was beyond stupit.....not just stupid.

he's also lucky the round did not any damage to that incredibly expensive MRI machine..

that might have been the only MRI machine available in that area, that is much needed.

anyone have any idea as to how much they get for each MRI visit.??

on my past billing (thru workman's comp), the bill was for $5,000

a CAT scan, was the same price....which i needed at least 3 times as well....

Well, he was a typical idiot, and he has been culled from the herd as a result of his stupidity. Pulled from his waistband, so I am assuming he didn't have a proper holster for it? Also, if concealed carrying tucked under a shirt, much harder for this to happen, especially with a proper holster. Now, I understand the MRI has powerful electromagnets, but if gun was properly contained and holstered, this may not have happened. Or course, the common sense and intelligent thing to do is NOT bring it into the MRI room. He lived by his ignorance and died by his ignorance. This is assuming that this story is even true. Oh, and after being "shot in the tummy", any good trauma care facility worth their salt could have saved him. Of course, this is Brazil, so there is that.

I have had numerous MRIs and the medical staff always asked me if I had any metal on my person prior to getting into "the tube." These machines are very dangerous when mixed with metallic objects. I even heard a story where a young man was killed by a flying oxygen bottle that was not strapped down in the room.

Here’s a case from several years ago. A 1991A1 (1911 Series 80)was pulled out of a holster and when stuck the magnet moved
the firing pin with enough force to fire the gun with out the grip safety being depressed and the manual safety on AND a firing pin block They recovered it with the spent casing in the chamber.

Once the officer was inside the MR suite, the gun was pulled from his hand as he attempted to place the gun on top of a cabinet 3 ft (0.9 m) away from the magnet bore. He removed it from its holster.

Read More: https://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10.2214/ajr.178.5.1781092

Once the officer was inside the MR suite, the gun was pulled from his hand as he attempted to place the gun on top of a cabinet 3 ft (0.9 m) away from the magnet bore. He removed it from its holster.

Read More: https://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10.2214/ajr.178.5.1781092
I was going off memory. When this happened I did several inmate hospital trips for the Bureau of Prisons and it was a big to do on “don’t be this guy”

There were actually a couple cases both with 1911‘s one was a stainless Commander so I could have gotten them mixed.

I have had numerous MRIs and the medical staff always asked me if I had any metal on my person prior to getting into "the tube." These machines are very dangerous when mixed with metallic objects. I even heard a story where a young man was killed by a flying oxygen bottle that was not strapped down in the room.
I was trying to find the article I remembered and found some non firearm MRI incidents. Simply google MRI accidents and look at images. Crazy stuff

Every single MRI I have had (had many) they ask me to strip down and get dressed in those stupid tie in the back smocks and they have me remove all metal even my wedding band and a ton of questions and they also ask if I have any metal in my body aka staples, clips and what not. And the fact that he was a lawyer he obviously had to attend years of schooling but apparently he was severely lacking in the common sense department.

Every single MRI I have had (had many) they ask me to strip down and get dressed in those stupid tie in the back smocks and they have me remove all metal even my wedding band and a ton of questions and they also ask if I have any metal in my body aka staples, clips and what not. And the fact that he was a lawyer he obviously had to attend years of schooling but apparently he was severely lacking in the common sense department.
Same for me, I had to always remove street clothes and put them in a locker except I always bring my own combination lock.

My last mri and ct visit was $325 (uninsured) which is 3 times less than insurance cost. Over the last 10 years of having ct and mri visits the cost range has gone up (nothing new) from insured @ $900 - 1,200 and now averaging 1,200-1,600 dollars in a 250 mile range from me.

on a personal note, i leave my carry gun either at home, or locked in the trunk, if i ever have to go to some sort of medical office.

i also do have at least 2 doctors that are into the sport/hobby of gun ownership, which frankly did surprise me.

but this guy was beyond stupit.....not just stupid.

he's also lucky the round did not any damage to that incredibly expensive MRI machine..

that might have been the only MRI machine available in that area, that is much needed.

anyone have any idea as to how much they get for each MRI visit.??

on my past billing (thru workman's comp), the bill was for $5,000

a CAT scan, was the same price....which i needed at least 3 times as well....
tri west jsut billed my VA facility 3700 for a brain mri with juice

this guy was just plain STUPID and he killed himself. no other way to put it. dumb dumb and dumb he was

Yep! Bye-Bye
"You can't fix stupid"

1676144972764.gif
1676144983204.gif
1676144989911.gif

Back