testtest

Lead Down Range

USMC1911

Elite
Finally Made it back to my Range. Had fun with the Steel Plates today. Used my EDC SIG 320.

Attachments

• IMG_2656.jpeg
    IMG_2656.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2657.jpeg
    IMG_2657.jpeg
    785 KB · Views: 77
I only load 5 rds at a time…
Makes me slow down
I was burning thru 300-400 or more rounds a week.
Now I take 200 rds. Load 5 at a time
Anymore we decide the course of fire first and load the guns accordingly. Usually 4 or 5 targets. 2 or 3 at about 10 yards, one at 100 and one at 200. Something like 2 shots in left target, two shots in middle target, reload, 2 shots in right target, transition to carbine, 2 in paper at 100 and 2 in steel at 200. Or a myriad of other combinations that incorporate, close range, intermediate range with pistol and shotguns, reloads, intermediate and longer range with the ARs. Timed. I almost always lose. The guy I shoot with is pretty good.

Anymore we decide the course of fire first and load the guns accordingly. Usually 4 or 5 targets. 2 or 3 at about 10 yards, one at 100 and one at 200. Something like 2 shots in left target, two shots in middle target, reload, 2 shots in right target, transition to carbine, 2 in paper at 100 and 2 in steel at 200. Or a myriad of other combinations that incorporate, close range, intermediate range with pistol and shotguns, reloads, intermediate and longer range with the ARs. Timed. I almost always lose. The guy I shoot with is pretty good.
with a mac 10 it shoots that much before you can get off the trigger. :ROFLMAO:
@SimonRL and I were burning thru gobs of ammo. He still is.
We settled on 5 rounds for normal target shooting.
Drills and courses, we “load em up” 😁

Love the sound of ringing steel!

Shooting the .45, my range sessions nowadays run about 200 rounds. Just started adding .38 sessions with my old service revolvers. Having a blast, forgot how much those revolvers are. But the cost of ammo is still ticking me off, I just can't shoot as much as I used to, which was a lot.

Back