testtest

Learning from the past: A police perspective

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Good article from LEO on learning from the past police incidents for and from a police perspective. Gives insight to our civilian approach needed for an incident as well. Good read and points one to do some follow up reading on some major police shoot outs.

A very good article! As a police officer and firearms instructor for 32 years and an academy firearms instructor for an additional 10 years, I experienced the changes in training inspired by these incidents. It is far better to learn from the mistakes of others than to make the same mistakes. Incidents like these are constantly examined for lessons to learn what worked and what did not work to help officers to go home safely at shift's end.

Excellent article that addresses a vital need for law enforcement. Unfortunately, I fear that Law Enforcement training is moving away from fact-based analysis and focusing too much on vague ideas about "De-Escalation". It always amazes me that LEO unions and organizations don't push back on the demands for de-escalation by pointing out that there is no reliable data concluding the de-escalation works or is even possible in armed encounters. In an age where even shootings of armed suspects who are actively attempting to kill officers are met with protests and demands for "change", I do not foresee departments receiving the needed funding for deadly-force training.

Sadly, these types of incidents are currently occurring all across our country as some misguided citizens and politicians want to defund or disband law enforcement departments in many areas when they should be adding funds for training in response to these incidents. We must let our elected representatives know that we loudly condemn these efforts because "Blue Lives Save Lives". God Bless our LEO's and First Responders!

Last edited:
Back