testtest

Leather holsters.

I always swear by kydex, or at least a kydex lining, for IWB carry of any gun without external or grip safeties. This eliminates the admittedly small chance of folded or warped leather activating the trigger. When I first became a LEO we were all treated to multiple graphic photos of the results of unintended discharges caused by the thin neoprene holsters that were popular at the time. After seeing those photos, I'm amazed that those holsters are still on the market.

The warning we were given against neoprene were extended to any thin leather or leather of questionable quality. If you go with leather, make sure it is thick, high-quality leather from a reputable manufacturer. Do not go cheap and avoid the temptation to get an Amazon special for $29.99.

My concern for a "soft" IWB holster would be re-holstering. I'd want a hard shell, to retain its shape when empty.

Not sure what type of kydex IWB the OP uses, but I use "hybrid" kydex IWB's - the outer shell is kydex, but the body-side is a leather panel (on one), or a thin sheet of stainless coated in neoprene (body side) and rubberized grip material (firearm side). This very much cuts down on the "feel" of the gun profile on my hip, and spreads it out quite comfortably. Mine are Alien Gear, but there are many brands out there that are similar.

Much as I love the look and appeal of leather...for IWB, as I said, I just worry about shape retention while empty, and the difficulty in reholstering. Not so much for "speed", more for protection against N.D.s while you fumble to try and get it reholstered.

MTR Custom Leather Adversary A-3 IWB holster. Good stiff leather holster with reinforced opening for easy and safe re-holstering. Here's the link: https://www.mtrcustomleather.com/product/adversary-holster-a-3/
I also have several IWB MTR Holsters and find them to be excellent holsters. Never had issues with a re-holster and they are very comfortable https://www.mtrcustomleather.com/product/slim-line-iwb-tuckable-holster-b-2/ . This would be the majority of mine

I just got into kydex holsters last year,I have always liked leather holsters. Here's a few of mine!
IMG_0775.JPG

I have Versacarry for both IWB and OWB. Like them, comfortable, substantial, and reasonably priced. Here is the link.

I'm a big fan of Versacarry's OWB holsters. You can't find better quality for the price, and they seem to put older models on closeout every few months.

Howdy all, new Hellcat owner and firearms forum junky...I use both Kydex and leather. For Kydex, I like the Reinforced Clip IWB by PJ Holsters, for leather IWB and OWB, my preference is TT Gunleather. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• PJ PPK.jpeg
    PJ PPK.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 248
  • TT PPK.jpeg
    TT PPK.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 258
  • KX Lightweight PPKS 1.jpg
    KX Lightweight PPKS 1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 246
When I’m carrying OWB, 90% of the time it’s in a leather holster. Sometimes it calls for a kydex holster but I much prefer leather. Carrying IWB I, myself prefer kydex or at least a kydex shell. Crossbreed has been a favorite of mine, but I have used them for a long time. Leather backing with kydex shell. It’s tuckable and very comfortable. Lots of good options out there though.

As for OWB, like stated Galco, Mitch Rosen and wright leather works, along with several other great holster makers.

I just got a Garret Industries Silent Thunder Guardian, a leather-lined Kydex IWB holster for m y Walther PPK and PPK/S pistols. I am impressed! Build quality is top notch and it is totally adjustable for both height and degree of cant.

Attachments

• Silent Thunder.jpg
    Silent Thunder.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 183
Back