testtest

LeverEvolution powder

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any experience with this powder? I've read that it is a really dirty powder, and is what Hornady uses in their 6mm ARC factory loads. I have to say I agree about it not being a clean burning powder, but it does look good (at least from you tube videos) from a performance perspective.

I have a Marlin 336, made by Marlin early 1990's. I used Leverevolution power for as long as Hornady made FTX .308 caliber bullets, around ten plus years, and I have only used the Hodgdon powder. It's no dirtier than the next powder. Rifle is easy to clean no matter what you shoot. When you use Hodgdon and the FTX bullets, I have clocked 2200 feet per second. I have used this rifle for hunting and the load. I used to use Remington core lock 150s and 170s, but with the new powder I stick with the Hornaday bullets. Accuracy is not bad for a lever gun, made some good deer shots through the brush. Older guys than me called the old the 30/30 a brush rifle, it's also a good for home defense. I use 34.8 grains of Leverevolution Hodgdon power. I have gone up to 35+ but ran into overpressure on case life. Hornady's book says 34.8 grains, and that's what I use. Just reloaded 35 rounds last night. I had to change the scope, really old, and put a new one on the rife. I happy with the powder, I have used many pounds of the stuff.

LeverEvo is a dirty powder for sure. I use it in a 6.5 Grendel and it give excellent velocity while being kind to the brass.

I know this is an older thread but cfe223 is less dirty and a propellant that operates like LVR. 6mm ARC loads should be experimented with both powders. LVR is temp sensitive so be careful using a winter load in the summer!

Jim

Back