testtest

Lights/Lasers

LastStarfighter

Operator
Founding Member
I got my Hellcat a month ago and love it but I have been curious about what lights and lasers fit it? I saw someone had posted about a Viridian laser but I would like other options.

I don't know about lights, but I really want to try out one of these on a Hellcat OSP. https://viridianweapontech.com/e-springfield-hellcat Anybody have any experience with the Viridians? Seems like a really good price and it looks really small. Now, the real question. Will I be able to sync up that laser dot with the red dot in my optic (that I don't have becasue I cant find a Shield anywhere!!!!).

I don't know about lights, but I really want to try out one of these on a Hellcat OSP. https://viridianweapontech.com/e-springfield-hellcat Anybody have any experience with the Viridians? Seems like a really good price and it looks really small. Now, the real question. Will I be able to sync up that laser dot with the red dot in my optic (that I don't have becasue I cant find a Shield anywhere!!!!).
I’ve actually wondered how that would match up. I’d assume that you’d only see the one dot when using both

You can order the polymer shield straight off the SA website.

I’ve actually wondered how that would match up. I’d assume that you’d only see the one dot when using both
Not as much as you would think. I find it distracting to use both and somewhat redundant. Train to one and stick with it. IMHO the main use of a laser is in IR if you are running NVG of some sort. Otherwise when using a dot and laser, the laser will "splatter" and increase its projected size the further the distance is. It will depend on the laser and the MOA of your dot, but there will be a very narrow band of distance where they will co-witness well if at all. I have a TLR6 and there is no distance that it will cowitness well with the dot on my Delta Point Pro. They either don't line up at close range, or the laser dot is much larger than the RMR dot at any range.

I run a Viridian Reactor5 instant-on green laser on my XDs and love it. Magnet in the holster shell. Laser turns off in the holster. Draw, magnet loses contact with the laser, and it turns on automatically. Draw, place dot, pull trigger, make hole. Mounts to the standard rail of the XDs, but haven't had hands on a Hellcat yet to see if it would fit.

I have an XDS 9mm 3.3 with Crimson Trace, which I really like...but I seem to not able to find holster that will fit with lasers.
Suggestions?

Last edited:
sorry if this is a lil off subject but how bout some options for a red dot......affordable red dot...….one that fits without an adapter.....you know, like most people want

Not sure if I will want to carry a light on the Hellcat once I do get one but will be watching to see what is working for everybody. I do always carry at least two pocket lights but a weapon mounted light is so much easier to use. Just remember most of the time you will need a light to check on things and having a weapon attached is not always a good idea so even if you do carry a weapon mounted light you will want something else. Plus it is a good idea to have a backup

sorry if this is a lil off subject but how bout some options for a red dot......affordable red dot...….one that fits without an adapter.....you know, like most people want
For Hellcat red dots you are limited to 3 options really. The polymer SMSC, the metal frame but plastic lens RMSc, both from Shield in the UK, and the Sig Romeo Zero. The shield sights are pricey and fragile. The Romeo is vaporware at this point, they have not shipped outside of test samples to my knowledge. I am guessing that at Shot show this year we will see a few of the big names dropping a compact RMR, since this is the hot spot of the market at the moment. Once Trijicon or even Vortex or Holosun offer one, I think the Shield sights will mostly go away.

For Hellcat red dots you are limited to 3 options really. The polymer SMSC, the metal frame but plastic lens RMSc, both from Shield in the UK, and the Sig Romeo Zero. The shield sights are pricey and fragile. The Romeo is vaporware at this point, they have not shipped outside of test samples to my knowledge. I am guessing that at Shot show this year we will see a few of the big names dropping a compact RMR, since this is the hot spot of the market at the moment. Once Trijicon or even Vortex or Holosun offer one, I think the Shield sights will mostly go away.
Your also forgetting the Jpoint red dot. Which fits the Hellcat and was named by Springfield to work.

Your also forgetting the Jpoint red dot. Which fits the Hellcat and was named by Springfield to work.
Not forgetting it, its just that its a Shield SMSc in a JP box. Same lens, sight, internals. And I have owned two, they were both kinda junk for the price.

I have an XDS 9mm 3.3 with Crimson Trace, which I really like...but I seem to not able to find holster that will fit with lasers.
Suggestions?

Crossbreed Holsters if you don't mind hybrids

Perfect fit on my XDs 9mm with Crimson Trace TLR6. There are other lasers and or light options with Crossbreed as well.

Got myself OSP model of the hellcat and both the viridian and olight mini fit awkwardly on the frame its self but they work as any light should but i don't have them on when I daily carry.
The sheild rmsc works great but i hate the irons and blacked out the rear and painted the front stright up white i use a tier1concealed axis slim holster and its great for aiwb and occasionally a blackarch holster for the 4 o'clock position

Wanted to chime in here since there is not a lot of info out there or exactly what works and what doesn't on the Hellcat. I have a Hellcat OSP and just fit a TLR-6 onto it. While the TLR-6 will mount on the rail and wrap around the trigger guard, the trigger guard of the Hellcat is too narrow and you get side-to-side movement of the TLR-6. I ended up fabricating some small plastic inserts to take up the slack and now it's rock solid and seems to hold zero just fine.

I also have a Viridian CL-5 that I tried to fit and it did not grip the rail well so as much as I like the CL-5, the TLR-6 is a MUCH better fit for the Hellcat.

Before
Before.jpg

After
After.jpg

Last edited:
Back