• Taco's are awesome!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Pizza is delicious!

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Wings all day!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Chinese is yummy!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Gluten free option because I'm a beta!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10w-30 for Annihilator!

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
This one is for @BangBang

With the Corona virus shutdowns going on in most states what's your favorite go to take out food?

For the sensitive folks:
If you have an actual verified medical condition to gluten ignore the last choice it's not meant for you.

Your allowed 2 choices.

Last edited:
I confess to being a bit of a frozen pizza junkie. I even have a toaster oven made specifically for them, with a rounded back edge so there's room and I don't have to heat up the power-hungry fullsize oven.

I also keep ground beef on hand, to make tacos. And, I really like the frozen Fit Bowl meals from various brands - one has a really nice spicy chicken with mashed potatoes, peas, corn, and hot sauce; any of the beef and broccoli's are good; one company makes a really good beef merlot. My freezer is full of those, the pizzas, and a ton of bags of SteamFresh veggies.

Another one I'll do (yes, I'm a bachelor) is spicy italian brats on the grill, and a packet of spanish rice / taco rice / mexican rice from Knorr. Cut the brats into medallions, cook the rice in the microwave, mix together with texas pete and some shredded sharp cheddar....mmm.

And my coronary-in-a-pan: boneless chicken strips, wrapped in bacon, covered with brown sugar and a spicy grill rub. Bake and enjoy. And have rolls or biscuits handy to soak up the juice, that stuff is gooooood!

I confess to being a bit of a frozen pizza junkie. I even have a toaster oven made specifically for them, with a rounded back edge so there's room and I don't have to heat up the power-hungry fullsize oven.

I also keep ground beef on hand, to make tacos. And, I really like the frozen Fit Bowl meals from various brands - one has a really nice spicy chicken with mashed potatoes, peas, corn, and hot sauce; any of the beef and broccoli's are good; one company makes a really good beef merlot. My freezer is full of those, the pizzas, and a ton of bags of SteamFresh veggies.

Another one I'll do (yes, I'm a bachelor) is spicy italian brats on the grill, and a packet of spanish rice / taco rice / mexican rice from Knorr. Cut the brats into medallions, cook the rice in the microwave, mix together with texas pete and some shredded sharp cheddar....mmm.

And my coronary-in-a-pan: boneless chicken strips, wrapped in bacon, covered with brown sugar and a spicy grill rub. Bake and enjoy. And have rolls or biscuits handy to soak up the juice, that stuff is gooooood!
You're making me hungry stop it! 🤣

I cook a lot - one of my favorite activities is to fire up the grill or smoker, and since I have a 12 x 21 pavilion (with lights and ceiling fans) out by the pool, I'll roll whichever cooker I am using up under cover, and BBQ rain or shine...

That said, I had to vote for pizza and wings. I combined those two last week by making buffalo chicken pizza from scratch, homemade dough and all. My Lodge 14" cast iron pizza pan, preheated to 450-500 degrees, turns out an excellent crust. I also made tacos last week. Just this week am I thinking of supporting some of the locally owned restaurants by ordering some take out or delivery.

None of the above

steak and taters !!
7EB006BE-934D-4157-9840-B2507026C501.gif

Live in a big city suburb. Lots of steakhouses and such are still serving it to go. One place is a 5oz filet, tater and asparagus for $12 . Big cities can be a curse and a blessing
I grew up in the city but I don't count steak houses as takeout. I guess with the current situation takeout from major restaurants are our only option now with indoor seating closed.

Yeah, I do love me some Taco Bell. Back in high school we used to have "five dollar races" to see who could eat $5 worth of taco bell. In the days of 25 cent tacos...that was a LOT of food! (of course...back then, I had a metabolism that could handle that much food...)

Yeah, I do love me some Taco Bell. Back in high school we used to have "five dollar races" to see who could eat $5 worth of taco bell. In the days of 25 cent tacos...that was a LOT of food! (of course...back then, I had a metabolism that could handle that much food...)
I prefer taco Bell before any of the fast food burger joints.

Nothing like a couple chicken tacos and Mexican pizza!

Then a lengthy bathroom break......😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back