testtest

Looking for a good IWB holster for an XDM elite 4.5" 9mm

I have 3 of those for different guns, no complaints at all. Works equally well appendix carry or 3:00 with a belt adjustment.

I carry my 10mm XDM appendix just fine and actually find it more comfortable than my XD9 3" - it sits further down "in the groove" on appendix carry and doesn't dig into the muscle wall that is higher on the groin below the stomach.

Do not get a holster for your elite unless the manufacturer explicitly states that it is designed for the elite variant. Normal XDMs do not have the ambidextrous slide release and holsters designed for those will not fit your gun properly.
Its tough to find stuff for the elites since they’re so new, so going with a custom holster manufacturer that makes each one to order is going to get you a better product for now.
I just received my holster from Red River Tactical https://rrtholsters.com/2020/
Perfect fit on my XDM Elite 3.8. I highly recommend this brand. Veteran owned and operated, they will make any style holster with whatever colors/patterns you want, for any purpose you need.

The most comfortable IWB holster I have ever worn is a Houston ECO Leather holster:

It's not kydex, and it won't hold your gun firmly in place. But it is so comfortable that I could wear one 24/7 if needed, and hardly know I'm carrying, except for the weight of the gun.

If it is uncomfortable to carry, you might not carry. If it is comfortable, you WILL carry.

Also, it's very cheap - only $20! You can try this one without breaking the bank.

All I did to fit my Elite into a few of my awesome holsters is cut out the Ambi slide lock release with a Dremel. And that way I didn't have to buy a new holster.

Back