testtest

Louisiana takes a stand

Excellent!

Citibank and Bank of America should not refuse business to their customers for doing things that are legal. I'm glad that Louisiana is taking this stand.

The title is a bit backwards: "Big Banks Tout Being Pro Gun-Control, So Louisiana Just Took $600 Million Out of Their Hands". Actually, Louisiana will not be taking $600 million out of their hands, because they won't be borrowing that money from them! But I digress...

Excellent!

Citibank and Bank of America should not refuse business to their customers for doing things that are legal. I'm glad that Louisiana is taking this stand.

The title is a bit backwards: "Big Banks Tout Being Pro Gun-Control, So Louisiana Just Took $600 Million Out of Their Hands". Actually, Louisiana will not be taking $600 million out of their hands, because they won't be borrowing that money from them! But I digress...

In that title, we are seeing the viewpoint of the media… but you are correct Jimbo.
I wish more states would listen to their citizen constituents and follow that lead…and also wish more people would “vote with their feet” and leave companies that do what these banks are doing.

Excellent!

Those 2 started out being foreign owned or backed big time.

Also from 8/18
Shopify has reversed course on their commitment to free speech, effectively implementing a commercial de-platforming of gun companies on their site. Landing a gut-punch to free speech and the Second Amendment, the massive Canada-based commerce platform serving some 600,000-plus merchants abruptly shifted policy to include bans on dozens of guns and gun-related products, including DIY kits and gun blueprints.

Shopify revised their Acceptable Use Policy on Monday to include a sales embargo on certain semi-automatic firearms, unfinished lower receivers, unserializedfirearms, magazines capable of accepting more than 10 rounds, and many more products (view the list, here).

I am a little puzzled by this-
The article was submitted on August 17, 2018 at 11:50am
but appears to be released Thursday, October 07, 2021...?
Or am I missing something?
I see what you mean…
Not sure about the release - all that may indeed be old.

But I guess it’s still a reminder of how those entities think. And how they might tend to act if allowed…

See
Thanks for posting TW, Good for Louisiana. Needs to happen more often.
Funny fact?
Citibank is recent issuer / backer of Cabella's Sporting goods store credit cards.
Something may sound a bit conflicting with Citibank's deeds and article because of that other info?
Article publish and release dates also sound off too. But, reasoning behind excluding them and BOA from backing public works is a good one.

Thanks for posting TW, Good for Louisiana. Needs to happen more often.
Funny fact?
Citibank is recent issuer / backer of Cabella's Sporting goods store credit cards.
Something may sound a bit conflicting with Citibank's deeds and article because of that other info?
Article publish and release dates also sound off too. But, reasoning behind excluding them and BOA from backing public works is a good one.
I hope they don't one day try to pressure Cabela's into not selling guns. Think about it: "We'll cancel all of your customers' credit cards if you continue selling guns and ammo."

I am a little puzzled by this-
The article was submitted on August 17, 2018 at 11:50am
but appears to be released Thursday, October 07, 2021...?
Or am I missing something?
Saw those dates too. Sometimes an articles are updated or revised, then possibly re-released as new because of newer or older inaccurate info. And, sometimes an older article is republished as being new when info is only new to author and some of the public. And, sometimes older info is still relevant to newer times. Can also be an oops, missed that?

Also from 8/18
Shopify has reversed course on their commitment to free speech, effectively implementing a commercial de-platforming of gun companies on their site. Landing a gut-punch to free speech and the Second Amendment, the massive Canada-based commerce platform serving some 600,000-plus merchants abruptly shifted policy to include bans on dozens of guns and gun-related products, including DIY kits and gun blueprints.

Shopify revised their Acceptable Use Policy on Monday to include a sales embargo on certain semi-automatic firearms, unfinished lower receivers, unserializedfirearms, magazines capable of accepting more than 10 rounds, and many more products (view the list, here).
Good to know. Thanks for posting info and Acceptable Use Policy link.
I don't use them, haven't used Shopify and is another reason not to use them may come to mind?

That would have to include Bass Pro too wouldn't it?
Basically same company with different name as of now.

Sort of like dicks sporting goods and it's sister company field and stream? Some companies may have good intent with poor or sad reactions because of issues created by a minority of people? Thoughts? Is generally an over reaction of sorrowful events created by a few, promoted by a distorted media with disregard to effects on and to general public by some media.

Some companies and other organizations may think they may possibly be doing good when in fact they really aren't. They let the sad or poor actions of a few misguided individuals guide the majority of innocent peoples needs and wants. Not usually considered a good course of action or practice. Generally has ill effects on majority of population. Media then broadcasts sad events for effects, spectacularization and increased revenue, effecting others in various ways, sometimes sadly, sometimes not. Just my current thoughts is all.

I hope they don't one day try to pressure Cabela's into not selling guns. Think about it: "We'll cancel all of your customers' credit cards if you continue selling guns and ammo."
Hope not either. I don't frequent Cabella's, but others do and have needs there. I prefer smaller "unchained" shops. Are some great mom and pop shops out there that generally frequent way more often. Some because of the atmosphere and more individualized service. Same with restaurants or other business. The bigger something gets doesn't always mean better. For example, look at check out lines? Anymore, usually the bigger the store, the longer the line?

I don't frequent Cabela's either, because the closest one is 2-1/2 hours away. But when I was looking to buy my Beretta, they were the closest store that had it in stock, so I asked them to hold it for me, and I raced over there after work, praying all the way that I wouldn't get a speeding ticket! I got there a half hour before they closed, and I became the proud owner of a Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact, my first real carry gun! If it was a single stack (i.e. thin), it would be my current carry gun - I really like that DA/SA action.

Back