testtest

M1A Scout Squad — Worth the Hype?

Talyn

Hellcat
Founding Member
The Scout retains the original gas system length, thus it's just a shortened standard.

That makes it a bit more handy, more reliable and maneuverable.

I don't have a SOCOM, and never will since my Scout is just as handy and I don't have to lose velocity which is needed for my AOPS, & have deal with the extra muzzle blast. I replaced the factory MB with the standard flash hider in mine.

My .02

KillerFord1977

Professional
Founding Member
My only issue with the M1 is lack of picatinny rail support. The option to mount a thermal, red dot and 3x plus accessories is not there. Granted its a true battle rifle, this microscopic afterthought of rail and scope mount does not do it for me.

Talyn

Hellcat
Founding Member
My only issue with the M1 is lack of picatinny rail support. The option to mount a thermal, red dot and 3x plus accessories is not there. Granted its a true battle rifle, this microscopic afterthought of rail and scope mount does not do it for me.

The aftermarket address those points.

Ultimak M1A Forward scout scope mount

What I have on my Scout.

DSCF3803.JPG

Plenty of room for accessories.

Last edited:

SATRP

Master Class
Founding Member
If I were given a big game rifle do-over, I'd buy an SA Tanker .308 Win and never need another big game rifle.

Here is my Scout. Mounted the M1A rail with a Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-HUD-DMR-308/223. It has low profile QD rings. It has a CVLIFE Carbon Fiber Bipod attached to a bipod adapter. It also has the Wsobue Rifle Buttstock Tactical Cheek Rest Pad.

At my age, I do not think that I could use a scout scope, but I may try it someday.
m1A (2).jpg

Grifter

Custom
Founding Member
Here is my Scout. Mounted the M1A rail with a Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-HUD-DMR-308/223. It has low profile QD rings. It has a CVLIFE Carbon Fiber Bipod attached to a bipod adapter. It also has the Wsobue Rifle Buttstock Tactical Cheek Rest Pad.

At my age, I do not think that I could use a scout scope, but I may try it someday.
View attachment 10077
Good looking weapon sir!!