testtest

MantisX dry fire training Poll

Do you own a MantisX dry fire training system?

• No, never heard of it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I’m interested

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Yes, but I don’t use it much

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Yes, I use and find value in the MantisX

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • No, and not interested

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

OkiePewPew

Staff member
CEAB42C7-8610-4CB5-BC0E-1D4DED694AE0.jpeg

I have found it useful but it is not great at picking up the the sound of a dry fired gun. It works better with real ammo. I have found the SIRT gun and LASR app to be a more useful training aid for me.

I plan to get a Mantis X in the near future to work on trigger control. I eventually aspire to get closer shooting results as compared to those "sharpshooters" @KillerFord1977 and @SimonRL (although I know I'll never achieve their level) :unsure: ;):sneaky:
I have used the Mantis system since I started shooting. It is a great tool because of all the ways you can see the data on how you are shooting. You really see a difference from gun to gun and it will very accurately match what you’re doing at the range. When I use it and then hit the range I feel the difference and I’m really in tune with my technique. I give it 10/10.

I just started playing around with the free version the other day. I already had a cheap red laser cartridge ($20-$40 at amazon), so no new costs for me. I printed out the targets for free. It does pretty well. It uses the QR like markings to determine the target type and calibrate alignment. I like it better than the itarget pro app. It also has a problem on some of my devices since it tries to use the wrong camera, and there is no way to change this in the settings.

I don't know. I could be interested I guess. I just can't bring myself to spend even a hundred bucks on something that you know, isn't ammo or a gun part or a portion of a new gun. Most of the things these training devices help with are things I really don't need much help with. I mean we could all be more accurate, but I don't think these things really address accuracy. Not really. They reinforce fundamentals which lead to accuracy, but I don't really need to spend more money to reinforce fundamentals. I dry fire a lot and I shoot a lot.

Hi,

I voted "I'm interested" in that I find it interesting. It seems a good training tool that offers helpful feedback. It's pricier than my dry fire training solution.

I just purchased the latest generation G-Sight ELMS laser cartridge (.45) for my Garrison at about 65% off, only $35. It's my bang-for-your-buck training aid. I have 9mm cartridges too.

One big advantage that MantisX has over G-Sight is live fire use. G-Sight is for dry-fire practice only. When I want to check my trigger pull I put a nickel on top of my slide. ;)

And that's my "profound glimpse into the obvious" for today. Thanks for putting up with me.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I don't know. I could be interested I guess. I just can't bring myself to spend even a hundred bucks on something that you know, isn't ammo or a gun part or a portion of a new gun. Most of the things these training devices help with are things I really don't need much help with. I mean we could all be more accurate, but I don't think these things really address accuracy. Not really. They reinforce fundamentals which lead to accuracy, but I don't really need to spend more money to reinforce fundamentals. I dry fire a lot and I shoot a lot.
You hit the nail on the head! While I still use my MantisX a few times a year, I mostly just lend it out for the fundamental reinforcement for my friends that don't dry fire and don't have range days on a regular basis. My buddy is using it right now to help his wife get those basics down. Sub MOA accuracy it can still help but mileage may vary and expect diminishing returns from the wonderful basics it has down pat. The few boxes of ammo the MantisX cost has come back to me in the ability to troubleshoot and accurately help other shooters not to mention the confidence of being a decent shot (which I'm sure you're already).

You hit the nail on the head! While I still use my MantisX a few times a year, I mostly just lend it out for the fundamental reinforcement for my friends that don't dry fire and don't have range days on a regular basis. My buddy is using it right now to help his wife get those basics down. Sub MOA accuracy it can still help but mileage may vary and expect diminishing returns from the wonderful basics it has down pat. The few boxes of ammo the MantisX cost has come back to me in the ability to troubleshoot and accurately help other shooters not to mention the confidence of being a decent shot (which I'm sure you're already).
Well I'm no @SimonRL, but I personally wouldn't want me shooting at me.

Back