testtest

Medical EDC.....

When out in the woods I always have a small first aid kit, a AMK Trauma Pak w/QuikClot, an Israeli bandage, a CAT tourniquet and a SAM splint.

In my rig I have the same plus a more comprehensive kit.

For the home I add to all that with two more bags of stuff.

Yes have one with me when hunting. Always have one in each of my trucks . I did coach baseball when my son was younger and I was a den leader for 5 yearsand a scoutmaster for 7 years never know what the kids could get into. Leaving camp one time one of the scout was cutting ropes down that we had a tarp tied up to trees to stay out of the rain cut his finger pretty bad. I hunt in Colorado every other year and always have one there last time i was butchering an elk in the woods an ended up sticking the blade in my forearm.

Very important topic, @Annihilator - thank you for posting-up! :)

-----

As everyone here undoubtedly knows, I'm a big-time proponent of EDC ("on body") medical gear:

With two tourniquets at the ready (one that's actually CoTCCC recommended), I nevertheless found the recent debate on whether we as average non-first-responder civilians are placing perhaps too much focus on TQ availability, forgoing what is more commonly seen in civilian mass-casualty shootings, which are wounds that are more proximal.

That said, I'm in no way debating the tremendous advantages that the good TQs give us: this is not up for debate, and has passed through the gauntlet of scientific peer-review, even.

This thread, originally authored by @LastStarfighter , should also be mentioned here - https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/first-aid-kit.196/ :)

Back