testtest

More on Calif. AW ban struck down

I see that the Attorney General of California (another liberal who comes from San Francisco - same place as Nancy Pelosi -another Flower Child) filed an appeal with the 9th District COA this morning. And I suspect this case may make it to the US Supreme Court, IF, they'll take it up. What is MOST OBVIOUS is that only six other states (out of 50) in the US have similar UNCONSTITUTIONAL laws. Considering those figures alone suggests that the CA AG (and CA) is in the vast MINORITY when it comes to coming up with laws that violate the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution. I really have come to the conclusion, that California politicians (and Liberals) either smoke too much dope or use many hallucinogens that severely affect what little common sense or brains they may (or may not) have.

This suit was designed by the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) and Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), to be heard by SCOTUS. They have brought other similar suites in other AR15 restrictive States like Maryland and New Jersey to hopefully get one of them heard in the Supreme Court. The two links below are from Gun Talk Radio podcasts, where Tom Gresham speaks with Adam Kraut of the FPC and a link where he talks to Alan Gottlieb of SAF about this case and how they planned it out. Both (separate) podcast are short and interesting about 11-14 minutes in duration.

Link with Adam Kraut (1:25 -12:00+ minute mark):

Link with Adam Gottlieb (2:25 -16:00 minute mark):

I live in CA (not for much longer). Those outside this state may mistakenly believe we have an "assault weapons ban" in CA. We don't. Since 1989, the pols have wanted to outlaw the sale , transfer, and possession of the AR/AK platforms. I can legally purchase them today. What they have "outlawed" is the presence of certain cosmetic characteristics (flash hider, telescoping stock, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, pistol grip, thumbhole stocks, and vertical foregrip). My AR functions just like any other, it just looks a bit different .

I live in CA (not for much longer). Those outside this state may mistakenly believe we have an "assault weapons ban" in CA. We don't. Since 1989, the pols have wanted to outlaw the sale , transfer, and possession of the AR/AK platforms. I can legally purchase them today. What they have "outlawed" is the presence of certain cosmetic characteristics (flash hider, telescoping stock, bayonet lug, grenade launcher, pistol grip, thumbhole stocks, and vertical foregrip). My AR functions just like any other, it just looks a bit different .
I am not sure which disturbs me more, the fact they want to outlaw a commonly used semi-auto, or the fact that elected officials are so shallow that they think cosmetic factors make a difference.

Very good points Randy. And I can feel your pain from here…
But the approach they take - targeting cosmetic features - is cosmetic itself: an ill fitting cover for outright across the board gun ban effort.
I think what bugs me the most about Calif is the way the pols incrementally push their agenda against the will of the people: yeah, you can have “a gun” if it doesn’t ________ . And they keep shrinking the approved pistol list, as I understand it. The will of the people just doesn’t count. That’s un-American to me.
Good luck on your move, bro!

The anti-gun progressives have been trying to achieve California style gun control in Virginia for the past 2 years. Hopefully there will be enough conservative voters to turn things around in November.

I am not sure which disturbs me more, the fact they want to outlaw a commonly used semi-auto, or the fact that elected officials are so shallow that they think cosmetic factors make a difference.
In CA, it's all about appearances. This is where Hollywood lives - not real, just make believe. Pols want to be perceived as "doing something about gun violence" when the reality is criminals are not stopped by laws. So, they blather on about their "assault weapons ban", and ignore the thousands of AR's sold in-state daily.

Back