testtest

More trouble for Sig

Another cop injured by an allegedly defective P320. Man I'm glad I sold mine.

Sig Sauer should be totally ashamed.
I honestly can’t believe they are not dealing with this. What a black eye for them. 🤬

I test fired the P365 when I was looking for a replacement for my Kimber Custom Compact in 45acp. It fired very well, but ultimately I did not choose it as my EDC due to its small size and grip. I require something larger due to my hand size.

I immediately noticed the trigger was very nice and seemingly lighter than other striker fired pistols. It's seemed odd that SIG did not include any type of exterior passive safety (e.g., blade trigger safety). This was another No-go for me. That's why I ultimately decided on a XD-M Elite with the two included passive safeties.

They did but they still have problems after the recall.
Oh, I didn't hear about the second set of troubles. Easy fix, redesign the fire control unit to include a blade trigger safety and problem solved. Issue the new improved unit to everyone free of charge.

This could be bad if SIG knew of the faulty design and chose not to correct the problem. Anyway, it will all come out in court.

Should be a recall, not volunteer one, bad design, I have shot a few, agree triggers are nice, but I refuse to get one till this issue is resolved.

If my memory serves me the issue I saw from another post was the sear was not machined with enough material left to hold the striker from releasing, **** poor design.

Should be a recall, not volunteer one, bad design, I have shot a few, agree triggers are nice, but I refuse to get one till this issue is resolved.
Semantics, I know, but what is the difference between a voluntary recall and a mandatory one. The issue is out there and has been for several years. Sig pays for you to send your pistol in for the update and gets it back to you quickly. There is no layout on the individual’s part, but I know many P320 owners who “just can’t” be without their pistol and won’t send it in even though they know there is an issue - which SIG changed on all P320s from 2019. What isn’t mentioned in the article is if the gun in question was a pre-fix version. It’s worth mentioning that several of the LEOs who were in the original lawsuit were found to have actually manipulated their pistol inside the holster, despite claiming otherwise. I’ve got a P320 X5 Legion that is post fix and has a different FCU and I’ve put thousands of rounds through it without incident.

FWIW, I have investigated a few "it just went off" incidents with various firearms over the years and found that something, somehow, pulled the trigger. Previous issues with SIG P320's before they did the upgrade occurred from dropping the gun on a hard surface, causing the trigger to move rearward. I will reserve judgment in this case until the firearms experts complete analysis on the gun and the holster involved.

I test fired the P365 when I was looking for a replacement for my Kimber Custom Compact in 45acp. It fired very well, but ultimately I did not choose it as my EDC due to its small size and grip. I require something larger due to my hand size.

I immediately noticed the trigger was very nice and seemingly lighter than other striker fired pistols. It's seemed odd that SIG did not include any type of exterior passive safety (e.g., blade trigger safety). This was another No-go for me. That's why I ultimately decided on a XD-M Elite with the two included passive safeties.
I have the Sig P365X with a Holosun on top and can without a doubt say with certainty there is no way this pistol is going to fire without a person so inclined to do by pulling the trigger positively-
I keep with the saying that if you don't want accidental holes where they don't belong-don't pull the trigger-
Just another mechanical safety to remind a person of what they are already supposed to be practicing-trigger discipline.

I have the Sig P365X with a Holosun on top and can without a doubt say with certainty there is no way this pistol is going to fire without a person so inclined to do by pulling the trigger positively-
I keep with the saying that if you don't want accidental holes where they don't belong-don't pull the trigger-
Just another mechanical safety to remind a person of what they are already supposed to be practicing-trigger discipline.
I'm an old school military type that is used to passive safeties on a 1911.

I heard someone else put it "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch."

I was a big Sig fan also. I Had the Sig P320 XVTAC which is a damm sweet looking gun . But after shooting it or trying to carry it and all the other things going on I actually sold it . I just didn't feel it for the gun itself. And as Bassbob said above I really wanted a X5 Legion P320 but holding off. Now for Sig's AR's I like them quit alot . Have 3 of them .

X5 Legion is an outstanding pistol. If I could only keep one of mine that would be it, and I own a P226 Legion!

As for P365, I’ve had two. Started with a SAS, currently own a standard with a manual safety. I’ve added the MCarbo spring kit to it which lightened the pull a bit, but smoothed it out a lot. Even with the safety off, that gun’s not going to fire without your finger on the trigger. Sig has sold over 1,000,000 P365s. How many tales of P365s going off by themselves are out there? None, that I’m aware of.

Disclaimer, I am an unabashed SIG fanboi.

Back