testtest

More USPS Excellence.

SaltyMonkey

Professional
This definitely won’t arrive in time.
I live east of Raleigh.
It made it to within 1 hour of me. In all their glory USPS sent it to Austin Texas where it sat for 3 days before being sent to the opposite end of the country (California).
Can’t make this stuff up.
IMG_8673.jpeg

This is the post office in its dying days. They have no clue on how to do it right except to raise rates! They have to to pay for fuel when packages are sent all over the country! No wonder nobody sends anything any more unless they have too. Most of my stuff comes electronically- not by choice mind you seems that new mail employees can't read an addresses.

At this point I am convinced they are effing with me.
This is 1 of 3 that are currently waiting on.
I ordered an Apex trigger back in November and it vanished at the USPS facility in Arizona.
So, I called Apex last week and they sent out a replacement. As of this morning the replacement is showing the exact same. Arizona the first and only scan.
I am at the point where if the seller only uses USPS and offers no other option I shop elsewhere.
Thankfully None of these are FFL items.

As I do live in Texas and placed and order from a town (Houston) in the same state (600 miles NNW) arrived at the regional distribution center (Amarillo, 100 miles from me) then proceeded 1,200 miles west (LA) and sat there 7 days before making it way back. UPS and FedEx any better! Several packages state "delivered ", but not at my residence? The last time I ordered from the same place there was skepticism on when it was to be delivered (2 day express). I'm not sure if it's any worse than it was 50 years ago or just being able to track unlike before of not knowing where it is/was? Sometimes the www is our friend?

I have definitely noticed a big decline in USPS in the last couple years, and it isn't just locally. I'll happily pay a little more these days to have something shipped a different way. And I take their tracking results with a grain of salt until something actually says "Delivered." Even then, I sometimes can't access my package, but that's entirely because of our local dumbass delivery person who doesn't seem to grasp that putting something in a parcel locker requires giving the person a key for that locker. 🙄

Oh, you've really hit a nerve here. 🤬
I bought an item from an individual at the other end of the state from me. About 500 miles away. He mailed it December 1st. Just so you understand, my little city is located next door to Memphis. All our mail goes through the Memphis distribution center A.K.A. Idiot Central. :rolleyes:
Anyway, it arrived in Memphis Dec 2nd with scheduled delivery on Dec 4. Nope, Memphis sent it to Fairburn, GA. From there it went to Atlanta where it sat for 8 days. When it finally started moving again, it went to Knoxville, then to Johnson City and finally back to the town and the same Post office where it started from. We're figuring its going back to the sender. Nope again! Yesterday it was back in Memphis. So I'm thinking I'll finally get it in a day or two. AW HELL NO! This morning, its back in Atlanta! :eek:
BTW: I tried multiple times to file a Help form on the USPS website. I took the time to fill out 5-6 pages of information, but when you hit Submit it won't go through! And I've tried this about 10-12 times. 🤬
18 days this package has been running around in two states and I still have no idea when I might get it. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Oh, you've really hit a nerve here. 🤬
I bought an item from an individual at the other end of the state from me. About 500 miles away. He mailed it December 1st. Just so you understand, my little city is located next door to Memphis. All our mail goes through the Memphis distribution center A.K.A. Idiot Central. :rolleyes:
Anyway, it arrived in Memphis Dec 2nd with scheduled delivery on Dec 4. Nope, Memphis sent it to Fairburn, GA. From there it went to Atlanta where it sat for 8 days. When it finally started moving again, it went to Knoxville, then to Johnson City and finally back to the town and the same Post office where it started from. We're figuring its going back to the sender. Nope again! Yesterday it was back in Memphis. So I'm thinking I'll finally get it in a day or two. AW HELL NO! This morning, its back in Atlanta! :eek:
BTW: I tried multiple times to file a Help form on the USPS website. I took the time to fill out 5-6 pages of information, but when you hit Submit it won't go through! And I've tried this about 10-12 times. 🤬
18 days this package has been running around in two states and I still have no idea when I might get it. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
We lived down near Hernando last time we were there. So I’m a little familiar with the place. My in laws live in Collierville . My wife sent her mother a nice Silver Necklace and earring set for Christmas. USPS website and tracking said it was delivered 2 weeks ago, but it never was delivered to her. My Mother in law checked with neighbors to see if it was maybe miss delivered to the wrong address. And it was not , we can only assume someone with USPS decided they wanted it.

I've had the same experience with the USPO, ordered an item from out of state with "two days delivery". The item gets to a point about 25 miles away, then transported 150 miles where it sat for three days with no updates.

Unless things have changed under this administration, I don't think the USPO directly receives tax dollars, instead relying on stamp sales (going up again) and shipping services for its funding. And if I remember correctly(?), a long time ago congress required the USPO to pay down their pension debt upfront, unlike other agencies who have huge pension deficits.

UPS, FedEx, DHL and the others are no better. One company driver left an expensive item on the curb next to the roadway where any passerby could see it. Luckily I saw "delivered" on the tracking and went looking for it. I filed a complaint but it didn't get any followup.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Memphis distribution center is well known as a trouble spot. Aside from misdirected and lost packages, they also have a good bit of theft. Despite many, many complaints, USPS won't do anything about it.
Atlanta seems about the same. Not the first time I've had a package get lost there. :poop:
Over the years I've had packages take side trips to New York and Seattle. Neither one of which was within a 1000 miles of me or the sender.

It has long been rumored that Trump got Louis DeJoy appointed Postmaster General for the sole purpose of messing up the mail in vote. From day one, his "cost cutting" efforts have done nothing but hurt mail service. And it gets worse every day. You might note that he is still Postmaster General under Biden. Members on both sides of congress would like nothing more than to see the USPS fail and have to go to privatized mail service. They would make a fortune. :poop:

Last edited:

Unfortunately, the Memphis distribution center is well known as a trouble spot. Aside from misdirected and lost packages, they also have a good bit of theft. Despite many, many complaints, USPS won't do anything about it.
Atlanta seems about the same. Not the first time I've had a package get lost there. :poop:
Over the years I've had packages take side trips to New York and Seattle. Neither one of which was within a 1000 miles of me or the sender.

It has long been rumored that Trump got Louis DeJoy appointed Postmaster General for the sole purpose of messing up the mail in vote. From day one, his "cost cutting" efforts have done nothing but hurt mail service. And it gets worse every day. You might note that he is still Postmaster General under Biden. Members on both sides of congress would like nothing more than to see the USPS fail and have to go to privatized mail service. They would make a fortune. :poop:
No you can’t pin the dumpster fire Memphis has become on Trump. I had problems with my mail back when Barry was president.
Memphians have done it to them selves long ago via the ballot box.
Throwing more money at the USPS will not fix the problems.

FEDEX isn't any better, and as a matter of fact, neither is UPS.......
they all got bad.

gone are the days of the same delivery driver, same postal worker, same delivery times to the house.

i mentioned it long ago, on days i am NOT getting any sort of delivery, from FedEx, or UPS, those trucks are in my neighborhood all day long.

the day i am expecting my delivery..??

all i get on the tracking info is..."by end of day"...and that's like 9 PM here......

when back in the good ole days..?

i'd be getting my deliveries around 9 AM...!!

and i wasn't paying any extra for that early AM delivery.

now, thanks to USPS's Mr DeJoy, my postal carrier has to do another partial route first (of a carrier that may be out sick), THEN do my route later..

in fact, at about 5PM today?

our mail was delivered.....when it is usually here by 10-10:30 AM...

Back