testtest

Most amazing action movie you've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mil-Spec

Operator
Founding Member
I know we've been talking about good gun handling in movies, funny movies, etc., but how about a discussion of the most over the top, amazing, not necessarily realistic or accurate, action movies out there. Not bad, but really good ones that might just be a bit over the top?

How about I start the discussion with my submission. Hardcore Henry.

I caught it on cable one night and was blown away by it. I still can't figure out how they made it. It is seriously mind blowing!

A pilot and loving anything aviation related a genuine favorite of mine is Frank Tallman who did real stuff.
The best I recall is a Beech 18 (twin engine) flown through a Coca-Cola sign in Mad World.
I want to do that. Wife says no I can't. She's no fun.

mad1.gif

Last edited:
I know we've been talking about good gun handling in movies, funny movies, etc., but how about a discussion of the most over the top, amazing, not necessarily realistic or accurate, action movies out there. Not bad, but really good ones that might just be a bit over the top?

How about I start the discussion with my submission. Hardcore Henry.

I caught it on cable one night and was blown away by it. I still can't figure out how they made it. It is seriously mind blowing!
This movie peaks my interest.

I think in-part my love of action movies and guns went together hand-in-hand, because of these two films my father brought back from "the Chinese Blockbuster Video" back in the early 90s:

1580406405849.png

1580406424075.png

The Killer (1989, IIRC) and Hard Boiled (1992) were each foundational in the "Heroic Bloodshed/Ballistic Ballet" genre of Hong Kong films in that era. Their underlying themes reflected a lot of what was happening politically in that country at the time, while the on-screen action seeded a completely new way of gunfights on the big screen.

If you don't mind reading subtitles, I'd heartily recommend these two films.

Just remember that these movies wasn't really about "gun-handling" - they both dated well before that became in-vogue.

Rather, think of when they were made, and what movies came after. It'll all click. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back