testtest

MTM Ammo crates ROCK!!! Change my mind...

This is a great option for ammo storage from MTM that is able to hold a lot of ammo and be stored economically like old school ammo cans.

As you can see the containers are able to be separated so no need to lift 100lbs but also they come with the storage crate which makes this a great product for the range or a more versatile storage option. This system comes in a 3, 4, & 5 box option.

Last edited:
Maybe if I was just getting started...but considering how many ammo cans I have, doesn’t make sense to start over...

Also, they would get pretty heavy; 100# of ammo would be a bit much to lift at a time.
I agree, I had an older large range bag that I filled with ammunition during a move and had to use a hand dolly to move it. The movers couldn’t put in there truck so it went with me. Took two people to pick it up.

I agree, I had an older large range bag that I filled with ammunition during a move and had to use a hand dolly to move it. The movers couldn’t put in there truck so it went with me. Took two people to pick it up.
I have a few 40mm Mk19 cans; I filled one of them, once, with .45...I think it was something like 3-4000 rounds.

Then I tried to lift it.

Then I emptied it, and never did that again.

It’s not bad with shotshells; I keep my game/trap loads in one; the others now hold spare magazines and other lightweight, but bulky items.

After clicking on the MTM link, I will keep my old metal 30 and 50 cal cans. They will hold more then the recommended 15lbs.

Untitled.png

I may have to transition my pro-sound equipment into some of these cases - microphone cables, microphones, speaker and power cables... Right now I use the "sturdiest" boxes I can find from places like Lowe's or package stores, but after about a season or season and a half of touring...they're shot. These...look like they'd make an excellent replacement.

And having "AMMO CRATE" emblazoned on them would certainly mark them as MINE, for easier identification at (and after) gigs when I need to find something fast, or it's time to pack up and go the hell home after the show!

Back