testtest

My Favorite Handgun

SATRP

Master Class
Founding Member
I'd carry my Springfield Armory TRP .45 Auto everywhere if it were practical. It is too heavy for urban carry, When I do urban carry, it's my Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM. When I'm roaming Rocky Mountain wilderness areas where really mean critters call home, the only handgun I carry is my TRP .45 Auto.

Copies of the TRP should be on display at the Smithsonian and Getty museums.

This is a very hard question for me because I have some great pistols that serve specific roles. I tend to look at them more as tools, and haven't put much thought into picking a favorite. The Sig Sauer P365 has functioned flawlessly and is my ideal EDC, but I can't say that I am emotionally attached to it. The same goes for the Ruger LCP that I use as my backup or for pocket carry when my wardrobe won't permit IWB carry. My favorite handguns to take to the range/land and plink with are currently my Rock Island XT22M in 22 Mag. and my XD Mod.2 in 45 acp. One of those would probably hold the title of being my favorite, despite the fact that I don't regularly carry either. A close third would be my S&W 351PD.

My favorite handguns to shoot are 1911 Sig Stainless Super Target, Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail, and my new CZ TSO.

My favorite to carry are a variety of H&K's P2000's, P30's and a VP9

If I want no recoil and always be in the 10 ring my Ruger MK III Hunter with 6" barrel is the way to go.

Right now I'm carrying a ruger lc9s. Its what I could afford when I decided to change from my rm380. I have one pistol that since I've bought it ive been in love with it and thats my xd mod.2 tactical.
I've put somewhere around 2000 rounds through it with zero issues. I hope to be able to upgrade my edc to either an xds in 9mm or in 45acp. I'm leaning towards the 45 but haven't made up my mind yet.

Favorite anything is merely opinion that could easily change depending upon circumstances. My favorite big game cartridge is the .270 Win. It's a proven performer on big game. My 2 .270 Win rifles are extremely accurate. The cartridge is very easy to hand load. But tomorrow I might run across a .308 Win carbine that's lightweight, fast handling, and incredibly accurate. If that were the case, my favorite big game cartridge could change in a second.

My favorite is liable to change at any given time. I don't have a ridiculous amount of guns like Hans does :), but the ones I do have, I really like. My favorite this week is the cheap AR I just bought.

My favorite home defense gun is an XD-M Elite 4.5" in 9mm. My favorite carry gun in an urban setting is a Colt Mustang Pocketlite in .380 although sometimes I carry my Taurus PT-111 Millennium. My favorite gun for woodland hikes is my XD Mod 2 in .45 caliber unless I'm hiking in Grizzly territory then my favorite gun is a Taurus revolver in .44 Magnum.

My favorite handgun to shoot currently is a G17 Gen4 MOS

My favorite to carry depending on weather and attire G27 Gen4, G23 Gen4 or G43

My all time favorite handgun Colt Trooper Mk IV .357

My favorite handgun?

HK P7...of course.
Yep loved that one great firearm!!

My Kimber .45acp is a great shooter. Very accurate and one of the first Kimbers made.
Back when they were in Clackamas Oregon before the big move east. One of the tightest Fitting, smoothest government models I've owned. It's very close in fitment to say a Les Baer.

My favorite handgun is the Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact: It pocket carries very nicely when I wear jeans (I use a Sticky Holster MD 2 for pocket carry); It holds 14 rounds (13+1); It is DA/SA.

I can load it fully, including one in the pipe, then decock it, making the first shot double action. I feel it is safe carrying it this way, without the safety engaged -- DA makes it safe to carry, and it is always ready to fire without having to fiddle with the safety.

I had to do three things to make this my favorite gun: (1) I cleaned the barrel thoroughly of the goo that Beretta coats the barrel with (to prevent it from rusting while sitting on the shelf waiting to be sold). (2) I began lubricating my slide with a good-quality gun grease rather than oil (Wilson Combat UltimaLube II Grease). When I used oil not grease, cheap ammo would often fail to feed. (3) I replaced the stock recoil spring and plastic guide rod with an aftermarket recoil spring and stainless steel guide rod (https://ssguiderods.com/shop/beretta/beretta-px-4-storm-subcompact-guide-rod/). (The stock plastic one had begun to bend slightly.) It's a shame that Beretta would include a plastic guide rod in an otherwise superb handgun.

Because the Beretta has a thumb safety, I felt comfortable carrying it while getting used to the idea of concealed carry - it was my first real carry gun. Now that I am comfortable carrying, I no longer need the safety on due to the added safety of double action mode.

My second favorite handgun is the Ruger EC9S. I paid less than $300, tax included, for this gun, and it is accurate, easy to shoot, and always reliable. It holds 8 rounds (7+1). When my pants pocket isn't quite big enough for the Beretta PX4 SC, I pocket carry the Ruger EC9S (I use a Sticky Holster MD 1 for pocket carry).

Since there is no decocker on the Ruger (it is striker fired), I keep the thumb safety on while I carry. It is easy to turn the safety off when I draw the gun - simply rest my thumb on it, and pull down.

I had to do two things to this gun after purchasing it: (1) The sites are all black, so I put a spot of white paint on the front site; (2) the safety was too loose for my comfort, so I took it to a gunsmith - he installed a new retention spring, and now the safety is perfect.

The thinness (i.e. ease of carry) of the Ruger makes me lean toward it; but the high capacity and DA/SA action of the Beretta make it my favorite of the two.

Last edited:
Back